1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deadspin] Ray Allen Says Celtics Forced Him Out of Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigBird, Oct 19, 2012.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

http://deadspin.com/5953366/ray-allen-says-the-celtics-forced-him-out-of-boston

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

nobody respects the Hawks :grin:

3. bongo33

bongo33 Member

I actually think Ray leaving worked out for both teams.

Miami of course gets a deadly 3 point shooter for Lebron to kick out to when he drives inside.

For the Celtics, Terry, I think is a better player than Ray at this stage in their respective careers. In addition, Lee, Bradley and Terry are each respectable players at the shooting guard position. The Celtics can also run more with Lee or Bradley. A lot of the offense last year for the Celtics was slowed down due to just sitting and waiting for Ray to run off screens.

4. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Don't forget Barbosa.

5. underrated015

underrated015 Member

they coulda won 3 rings with the big 3. first one was no doubt their best year. 2nd year, kg got hurt. 3rd year, if perkins was healthy, i say they take the series from the lakers in l.a.. oh well.

6. supdudes

supdudes Member

Guess the Celtics didn't want to "watch the film" :grin:

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I bet Garnett must be feeling kinda bad right now for defriending Ray on facebook.

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

Ray will get a few more rings in Miami. Great move for him. He and LeBron both made great decision to go to Miami even though it was tough to leave where they were.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

didn't boston offer him more money? how were the celtics not taking care of him or treating him right?

10. King Boo

King Boo Member

By constantly looking to trade him. By signing Jason Terry + Courtney Lee before talking to him.

Ray made the right move; though I despise the Heat, I can't fault Ray for respecting himself and still wanting to play a big role on a contender.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

shouldve gone to clippers

12. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

the clippers can go to hell

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

nah im not gonna boo him, I'm gonna thank him for leaving because without that, our team wouldnt be so stacked. =)

14. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

I think it definitely gave Boston a big shotmaker in Terry but I think overall they're backcourt is too small

15. King Boo

King Boo Member

Yeah, the Celtics back-court is a huge weakness. What team would want a back-court of Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley (with Jason Terry, Courtney Lee and Leandro Barbosa coming off the bench). :eek:

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Avery Bradley is a sick sick defensive player. I hope he improves even more this upcoming season.