1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deadspin] Chris Kluwe believes he was fired due to his politics

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SC1211, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really fantastically written account from Kluwe about his outspoken support for gay marriage and the internal politics of it all. Please feel free to move it to the D&D if this gets out of hand. Between this and Incognito, NFL locker rooms sound like miserable places.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know, but he's definitely only relevant because of his politics which might have had something to do with it. I cant not read that statement without hearing Kluwe's "I just got done with a doobie" voice reading it to me.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Taglibue's son was gay and he donated heavily to gay rights. If this guy didn't have the one job in all of sports that could literally be automated, I might be a little more accepting of his claims. Cuts just happen: coaches can be petty with that kind of power and maybe just a month or so to make those decisions; but if their best players or the unit as a whole is homophobic, he'll probably accommodate that just to avoid distractions.

4. mikennite

mikennite Member

How do you have that much hate on gays to say that aloud? Makes no sense :confused: