1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket talk - Week 1 (video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 3, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well, the first week is over, and it is time for some good old fashioned spirited Rocket's talk.

I hope you enjoy it, and if not....my humblest apologies.

:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OIgelZOoJIg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OIgelZOoJIg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Let's keep this train going - cue the one star people.

As usual comments welcome....well at least the positive ones....heheh.

DD

2 people like this.
  2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Fun listening to you today. Entertainment value is going UP.

BUT,

I WANT THE NUMBER TO YOUR HAIR DRESSER! My wife is one and I NEVER get that reaction with her. :D

1 person likes this.
  3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Member

Nice analyst DD. I love the enthuisiam interesting to watch. You would be good on radio.

Totally agree with Aaron Brooks. Glad we have him he is a potential all-star this season, I know there is CP3, Nash, DW, but Aaron will prove to be in that league with them.

4. HPD

HPD Member

great analyst... u need to call in to sports 610 and get on the air son!

5. BasketballReasons

Great video DD as always!

Btw guys, am I the only one to see a rockets banner on the top of nbadraft.net?

6. Convictedstupid

Ha great video DD.

7. BasketballReasons

Btw, great shirt! Horns going all the way this year! Hook 'em

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Member

Lol. Great analysis. A bit corny :D

Few comments:

-I don't think Tracy's back is a problem anymore, especially after this past 6 months with Grover. I think Tracy has finally balanced
    his body build under Grover's workouts. But yes, the knee is a BIG problem. Like you said, we'll have to wait and see.

-And to what you said about trading Tracy... What do you think this team needs?
    23 Million is a lot of money. We could pick up a great player at any position with that kind of money, but where do we need an upgrade?

Do you think looking for a starting PG is the answer? I thought Brooks has developed into that role..

Center? No, the organization seems set on Yao Ming. And behind him, we have Andersen and Hayes.

PF? Scola seems like a great fit at that position, but we'd have to resign him. Plus, we have Landry and Pops. I could see us maybe dropping Scola ( :( )
    and adding a young star talent at the PF position.. That could make sense. Bosh/Amara/etc.

SF... We just signed Ariza into a pretty big deal, so he seems an almost set starter at that position. And we have Battier behind him, and Chase also possibly grabbing
    some minutes at the 3.

Lastly.. SG.. You seem as though you want to keep this position open by trading TMac for Budinger to develop into our "future starter"..
    Well, that means we should cut Wade, Johnson, and the other big FA SGs out of the picture..

I dunno DD... I think we should bring a healthy TMac in and implement him into this excellent system that's going on right now.. if things don't work out, okay get rid of him.. sign a PF so Chase can develop into a "future starter".. (Deriving from what you said)

If things DO work out, have him play around 30 minutes a game to keep him healthy/rested, and give the rest to Chase. Plenty of time for a rookie. I don't see him becoming a "perennial all-star", so let him come off the bench for a few years (assuming we resign TMac or another star SG).. and down the road, he will be starting.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - repped......I went to Floyd's barber shop here in Austin, I had a russian woman cut my hair, because my usual guy Bob was out.

They do the hot towel and neck shave with a straight edge, it is AWESOME !!!

Thanks for the comments people, keep em coming...

That is the intent - to have fun, being a fan should be fun, right?

And doing these is a way I can show that a lot of what I say on here is not meant as serious as it reads......

DD

10. walker

walker Member
    Supporting Member

Nice analysis DD! It is early but I agree with most of your opinions. I live in Austin too so maybe we can grab a beer and watch a Rox game sometime.

1 person likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

please explain why you want Boozer on this team.

12. Obito

Obito Member

Trevor Ariza's dribbling is not as bad as Artest's. Artest's dribbling was like a mix of Lebrons crab dribble and Zach Randolph's attempting to crossover the whole Raptor's team.....dribble.

As usual great vid DD.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

OMG, just having fun dude, don't take that too seriously....lol.

DD

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Member

Never said it was a problem :p
    And did you stop reading there?
    I was actually hoping for a response from you about the relevant part of my post...

15. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Member

Best vid so far DD. Your a natural. Keep it up.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

That hair style seem vaguely familiar but where have I seen it before....

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

As always, thank you for the insights!

18. tshay

tshay Member

Great video DD!

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just checking... ;)

20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Great analysis! Entertaining as usual. :)

1 person likes this.