1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DCFAST- Lost amid all this Harden greatness is Clint Capela’s badassery!]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jan 4, 2019.

1. AggieRocketFan96

DCFAST- Don’t Care For Another Separate Thread

Clint is killing it. He is damn near the perfect modern day center with a total mastery and optimization of his under rated skillsets. His efficiency must be off the charts and it’s amazing that more up and coming big men aren’t following the Capela big man model. Capela is literally saving the concept of a modern day big man- one that works in supreme harmony in the Rockets moneyball system with a nuance of paint domination. A Joel Embiid like center wouldn’t be as effective, hell I see him too much of him out of the paint, jacking 3s and not harmonizing the potential for Philly’s offense. Same can be said about Memphis and Gasol. In a time where the notion of a big man center in the paint has fallen out of favor for most NBA teams, watching Capela become a supremely dominant center in the league must be more appreciated and is another key factor in the Rockets surge.

Tfor3, Mathloom, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@DreamShook and @YOLO , have at it

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you mean to tag holic or has he been slain already ;)

4. BleedsRocketRed

Hot Take:
    Clint Capella is an all Star starter

Don't @ me.

Williamson likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not much of a hot take. he's having an all star caliber season.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I think you and @DreamShook are the most current version of this particular debate at the moment, but that could just be me :cool:

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

not much of a debate. Capela has been balling. simple as that. don't agree? then one should probably question whether or not you understand what you're watching and whats actually going on, on that hardwood

Os Trigonum and ramotadab like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know this is your personality. You're trying to be fumy and sardonic, but there are some truly dumb people on clutchfans that will take you seriously. Don't put me in that bag, Os.

@YOLO is already in every thread saying everybody is against Clint with the same energy he had when he was against Melo. Clutchfans loves Clint. stop it.

Clint had a bad first half in an otherwise tremendous 20/20 game. Don't try to lump me in with trash takes.

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

alright, alright. you're no fun :p but point taken.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can be fun and self- deprecating, but nobody else is getting the jokes!

hakeem94, J Sizzle and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is a great idea for a thread. Clint has been perfect in his role. I should also start a thread about how perfect MCW is in his role and how Harden having to go up against him in practice day in and day out is the sole reason for him achieving this level of greatness.

Bengchu, hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

truly you deserve your own thread

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I would love to see that thread. I'm serious

Williamson likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not yet.. I haven't reached the final level.. But when I reach that final level...

#soon

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. RCPM

RCPM Member

That block he had on Durant...EPIC!

DreamShook likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How do you always get lumped into ****? I remember last year you were involved in the Ryno drama.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's a perfect storm of liking and having a genuine optimism for every Rockets player on the roster no matter how trash, and then being critical of the same players. I'm either seen as caring too much or being overly critical.

The latest is having the audacity to criticize Clint's trash first half (in which Looney was leading scorer) in a 20/20 game

hakeem94, ElPigto and J Sizzle like this.
  18. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

He fills the stats occasionally but it kills me to see him make the same mistakes over this winning stretch. I agree he's better when he's playing big and disrupts shots, but when he puts himself on that island with plus-playmakers, he gets iso and roasted every time.

With that being said, I liked that he played well with big minutes and grabbed most of the reb coming his way and played some help-side defense on that KD block. Though one single play, it was a big enough block for others to notice. And yes, he's great for MDA's system and has added a lot to his game over the last 2 years.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've been saying for 3 years now, never count this kid out. He will outwork everyone till he reaches unexpected heights. Even an exact physical replica of him would not be able to recreate the chemistry he has with Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.