1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Day 1 in Donald Trump's America. Who's buying it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LonghornFan, Nov 10, 2016.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I guess the whole country changed in a day. These apocryphal stories are now being blamed on Donald Trump. Who knows if they are true? Will "Thanks Trump" take over for "Thanks Obama"? Why do people want to immigrate to this horribly racist and evil country? I'm neither Left nor Right and I'm already bored of these attempts at trolling.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656?m=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

^^^

Shaun King, I swear...if a plane crashed, and it only killed his lame ass, I'd be glad it's that imbecile.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It is all relative, we are racist as country, but we are less racist than the other first nation countries such as EU and Japan for example.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm going to say that some of them are true or half true. I'm pretty sure most minorities can tell you a story or two of something terribly racist that's been done to them. The people that criticize them often don't walk in their shoes though. Like there was actually a % of people that thought slavery shouldn't have ever been abolished, a small % of people but that's still millions of people that a minority may run into on that particular day.

If I'm Trump or a supporter of Trump I don't just ignore it, I stand up for the victims instead and prove that he's for unity and not this.

LonghornFan likes this.
  4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I want to believe that they are just people too young and too scared to realize that the world isn't ending. I didn't vote for Trump and have my uncertainties just as many do, but i am hoping he does a great job. i wanted a candidate that was a outsider and not a professional politician. Trump is exactly that, so as an American I am hoping he does good for us all. I admit knowing that there was plenty of this on the other side the last 2 elections, but this time it is literal insanity.

Hustle Town and Bob Barker 007 like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But if some of those stories are true then would you understand their fear? They are scared of a president that enables this sort of behavior and doesn't stand against it. Up until this point he's all but enabled it with his rhetoric so now he has to stand up against it.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Shaun King has zero credibility

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

99.99% of the US population is where they are in life because of their own success and failures. not some prejudice of others. This wasn't the case 40 yrs ago. Learn to take responsibility for yourself. Learn to internalize and stop playing the victim.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know if you know how Twitter works but he's just retweeting people's experience.

SaFe likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Too bad that has nothing to do with the OP though or the topic at hand. Just more "Whatever you say, who cares if you were bullied. Who cares if your too scared to wear your hijab. Who cares if someone sprays your car with the Nword. I don't even care about that."

There really won't be any unity as long as this attitude sticks around.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Just LOL at your naivete

King a simply a race hustler whose mission is to divide people and rile them up

Hustle Town likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What are you not getting that those are just retweets?

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Incredibly naive, as well as incorrect.

13. tallanvor

it has to do with the person i responded to complaining about racism. Its one of the main reasons you lost the election. The perpetual whining about being a victim. There are real victims in this world of racism. you aren't one of them. Heres one:

If people are too scared to wear a hijab then they are morons. hate crime stats against Muslims are low . Hate crimes in general are very low in this country. IF someone spray paints someones car they get arrested.... wtf do you want? are you proposing legislation?

SaFe likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...gbt-hate-crime-wave-us-election-a7410166.html

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2002-11-14/news/0211140355_1_anti-muslim-crimes-hate

But Tallanvor says anti-muslim hate crimes are low...record high...lol

15. tallanvor

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL would you say Americans "deserve" to be Americans too?

17. tallanvor

yea i know right. stats be damn. we saw the same thing after 9/11 when people claimed a wave of hatred against Muslims. stats said nope.

18. tallanvor

i dont even know what this means.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, there's no anti-Muslim sentiment at all after 9/11. (Pass the bong.)

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did you read the article? The police are responding to things that already happened.

Lol I said people are scared of wearing the hijab because of the spiked attacks, it correlates obviously. People are afraid of being persecuted, 0 empathy from you there.

What are you talking about? I just posted you a link where it says you are wrong.

But I'm not surprised, this is the standard "Racism just doesn't exist, it is extinct." argument.