1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Daryl Morey's Outlook For the New Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Sep 13, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Daryl Morey, while attending the Yao & Nash Charity Gala in Beijing, talked about his outlook of the Rockets in the new season.

ENJOY !!! :cool:

2. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Thanks Pruyen. Nice read.

But please... NO YAO V T-MAC POSTS AGAIN PLEASE!!! (to my fellow readers)

3. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

pruyen you are amazing

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Good article. It seems like there are more Chinese articles about the Rockets than English articles. :)

5. FFz

FFz Member

uhh cause theres only one newspaper covering rockets in houston but theres god knows how many in china... I bet theres even more articles than this but most of them are just rants by the authors or not credible enough for Pryuen to translate them.

Morey is very PC in this article, always praising Yao and saying Yao is this and that. He sure knows how to address his audience.

I think most of what he says is just to get the fans pumped up about the team and get more support for the team. He's a pretty smart guy.

6. tested911

tested911 Member

No doubt!!! I mean I can't recall the last time I have been to Rockets.com or have seen anything new in the chronicle.

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

With all the recent addition of players everyone forgot about mike james and it looks like morey is one o them. lol

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Thanks Pyruen. I hope this puts an end to this nonsense that yao wont be able to play under adelman. as i said before, Adelman's strengths are he will design a game plan that plays to the strengths of he's players. thats why even bums like Brad miller and even pollard thrived in sacramento.

9. liangqj

liangqj Member

no,many Chinese reporter say anything about NBA,he can connect with Rockets and Yao.I hate that,so I come here.Anyway,this is a real news from China.

10. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

they definitely take more pictures than the chronicle.

11. JustWannaChill

I guess we need Pryuen to translate your posts too. :p

Sorry...can't help it. :p

12. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

Morey said right there our weakest link is the 1 and 2 point compared to other teams. He went on to talk about the importance of a good PG.

Clearly, he believes Francis is a stop gap and that MJ is best suited as a spark off the bench.

Yet most people continue to harp that we need a back-up at the 4. He must think the Scola is will slot in nicely.

To succeed in the west, we will need a floor general like Parker or Williams.

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Easier said then done. guys like that dont grow on trees. our best bet is to hope brooks turnsout half as good as those guys.

14. eedgejr

PG and Center are the two hardest positions to fill. I agree with you about brooks.

15. eedgejr

Let me add I hope he see enough touches to develop. In the summer league, he out shot Conley who will play a big role for Memphis.

#15 eedgejr, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  16. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Hey Pryuen - I was wondering if I could quote your translation for my blog (while giving you and sina.com credit for the article). I think it's a fantastic read and I'd like to share it with my audience as well.

Is that alright with you? (you have private messages turned off, so I had to post here).

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Go ahead. :D

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Did he just say that our 2 was not up to par? Who does he have in mind, Luther? Does this mean he really is looking at McGrady as a 3? I don't care what others think, would YOU consider McGrady a point-forward? :eek:

19. longbow111

longbow111 Member

Looks like Mac will play SF most of the time this season as we have too many guards on the roster. Poor Battier will come off the bench?

20. battousai

battousai Member

Maybe morey meant position 2 in terms of backup for tmac.

wells? head? synder? - I think wells is the next sure thing, but he is so so shaky and only one season left on his contract. I doubt he would resign with us. that leaves synder and head, which they are not consistent enough to be good backup at the 2.

PG, so we know now that morey think we still need a floor general who are like those of SN, DW, or TP. steve is the next best pg we got that is close to those 3. I think if SF got the heart and willingness, his game can become like parker. brooks, i think still got few years before he can become that player.