1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Daryl Morey Thank You New's Paper Page

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I like how he added our 09 guys, they were special and fun to watch

3. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

What paper is this?

JuNx likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

09 and 18 were Championship-caliber teams. Morey took us to game 7 with key injuries against the champs both times. But life ain't fair. Only we as Rocket fans (well, some of us, anyways) can remember those teams for what they were.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It great to see Harden get that kind of respect. He deserves respect for what he’s done in this aspect of the game.

6. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Man we had a HOF caliber GM and it really pains me to not have him anymore. We replaced him with an unknown. This franchise will never be the same in a negative way. This sucks.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Classy move by Morey!!

Go Rockets!!!

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

One of the most talented gms, given absolutely nothing to work with by bullshit owners

arkoe, D-rock, Von Rafer and 4 others like this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

he will get hired somewhere after next season and Harden will request trade there.

D-rock, Von Rafer, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tilman really just ran Morey out of town. I just can't.

Invisible Fan, Nook, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This kyrie, westbrook, harden, kd nets team with morey behind the scenes is going to be goated

13. Fantasma Negro

For the glasses wearers

Dear Rockets fans,

Thank you for an amazing 14 years. Your love, support, and energy has meant the world to me.

My family and I came to Houston as yankees, nervous about how the city would welcome us and honored that [former owner] Leslie Alexander had trusted me to help run a legendary franchise. I came into an organization with Hall of Fame players Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady already in place and a championship legacy built by Houston legends like Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler. Walking into work on the first day was exciting, daunting, and inspiring.

Soon enough, the nervousness washed away, and we came to feel like adopted Texans. What followed was the most amazing 14 years of my life. I could not imagine my good fortune to be surrounded by incredible people like Tad Brown, Carroll Dawson, Steve Clifford, Sam Hinkie, B.J. Johnson, Keith Jones, Dennis Lindsey, Tony Nila, Gersson Rosas, Rafael Stone, Tom Thibodeau, and Jeff Van Gundy. The bar was so high that when we added additional talent — such as Rick Adelman, Kenny Atkinson, JB Bickerstaff, Mike D’Antoni, Chris Finch, Sachin Gupta, Artūras Karnišovas, John Lucas, Kevin McHale, Monte McNair, Nick Nurse, Jimmy Paulis, and Eli Witus — it took forever to find them. It is a testament to the deep bench of talent the Rockets have always had that 11 of these people have gone on to become GMs or head coaches of their own teams. I am thankful to everyone I have worked with at the Rockets. There are far too many to list each of them by name. Our success was only because of you.

Thank you to Tilman, Paige, Michael, Patrick, Blayne, and Blake Fertitta. Your unwavering support and trust in me — from the moment you bought the team, and through both great and challenging times — is something I will never forget. With your leadership, and with the excellent people you have in place throughout the organization, there are championships in the Rockets’ future.

Thank you for the memories. I have so many. As a rookie GM, we started the season 15-17, and my nerves returned. We then went on a magical 22-game winning streak. The image of Rafer Alston going full Skip-2-My-Lou dribbling out the clock in front of Sasha Vujačić for win #22 will be etched forever in my memory. By 2009, we were able to add some of my all-time favorite players, such as Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Aaron Brooks, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, Kyle Lowry, Dikembe Mutombo, and Luis Scola, to the core of Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. I can’t think of a better group of players and teammates. That team was unfortunately derailed by injuries. We remained a fun, hard-working group afterwards, but it did teach us what life was like without a superstar in the NBA. And then…

James Harden changed my life. An entire page could be dedicated just to James. He not only transformed my life, but he also revolutionized the game of basketball — and continues to do so — like almost no one has before. The game is played differently because of James, and on every playground in the world, the next generation of talent is studying and imitating his game. I can’t believe I won’t be able to have another strategy session with James. I loved working together on how to get his incredible Hall of Fame teammates Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and Russell Westbrook to the Rockets. I will be rooting for James to win a championship for Houston. It’s how this story should end.

Finally, I want to say thank you again to the city of Houston and to all Rockets fans. Your support has kept me energized and inspired. You have been the driving force to our success. I am honored to have been a part of your story.

Sincerely,

Daryl Morey

Deuce, JuNx, msn and 11 others like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I’ll be rooting for them to win a title there.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

maurley should manage ferrari f1 team

arkoe likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Has there been any word at all from Harden or any of the other players?????

LosPollosHermanos and D-rock like this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

Article is gonna make some warrior/steph curry fans angry

but morey is right, harden did change the game. We were launcing 40 threes a night and ushering in the 3 point era first with kevin mchale coaching us.. NOT THE WARRIORS and steve kerr.

here is a game from 2013 and i think were the rivalry started when the warriors front office knew the warriors had the better personal to run the rockets philosphy

arkoe, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

For a second I thought the Rockets got an ad on the paper thanking Morey for his time with the team. Then I realised Tillman couldn't afford that and it's the other way around.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least he is revering HarGod showing humility....In Harden he Trusts.

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Daryl you could have stayed :(