1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dan Carlin on gun rights and mar1juana legalization

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HamJam, Mar 10, 2015.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Hey, do any of you listen to Dan Carlin? I am a big fan of his. I often disagree with him, but I love his perspective and the way he is able to look at issues neither from a Republican or Democratic perspective (he is neither) but from (as the name of his commentary show implies) the lens of common sense. His history podcast is brilliant as well of course -- but that is another story.

At any rate, he has a new episode on gun ownership and on mar1juana legalization . It has some interesting views on the morality/pragmatism of gun ownership for self defense, the states right issues wrapped up in the legalization of mar1juana issue that has been playing out, and some other issues.

I thought people might enjoy the podcast and that it might spark interesting debate -- also though, I was just curious how many other people listen to Dan Carlin and what your thoughts on him are.

1 person likes this.
  2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I like George Carlin better....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TPDuYXGAuBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UtRohxU1ZS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

HH is great but CS is meh.

As if common sense is somehow unique to his point of view. Reminds me of O'Reilly's schtick

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

what is CS?

i have been listening recently to the armageddon i think it is 5 parts and 15 hours long. so i have a ways to go.

i have been listening to joe rogan's podcast off and on since i was in asia last year travelling for a month. but was trying to find a few more interesting podcasts. i listened to serial also which was pretty great.

5. HamJam

Yeah, I like hardcore history a lot more as well. His cadence and voice sounds kind of like O'Reilly, but his perspective and view points are totally different.

CS is common sense. It is his political/ current events opinion podcast. That is what I linked to in the original post.

If you are looking for good podcasts though, I'd recommend a couple. For other good history podcasts, I'd recommend Mike Duncan's History of Rome (and, to a lesser extent, his current history of Revolutions podcast). For other just interesting podcasts, I highly recommend Invisibilia.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thank you. ill check those out.

besides nyc, rome is my favorite city i have been to. i suppose you could throw bangkok in there as well.

there are so many great places to travel to, i wish some people did it more.

7. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

glad to see others on here listen to HH & CS. I enjoy both, HH much more so. If you want another political postcast, but from a different point of view, check out midatlantic.

3 guys talking american and european politics. some humor is (un)intentionally involved

http://midatlanticshow.com/

8. HamJam

Cool, thanks for the recommendation -- I'll check that out.