1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Caserio.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Sep 18, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Im just now seeing your post but TRUST ME, I would have responded sooner. However, who else was making the picks and executing the trades prior to Demeco coming?? It was Caserio.

If you look at ALL Caserios picks and his trades, what has he done that you can say it was successful? From the draft chart below, the only pick he made prior to Demeco that was an "A" was Nico and he was questionable prior to this yr.

If you take away the DW4 trade which was a NO BRAINER, what trade has he won?

Don't be.mad at me blame your boy Caserio!

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Im just now seeing your post but TRUST ME, I would have responded sooner. However, who else was making the picks and executing the trades prior to Demeco coming?? It was Caserio.

If you look at ALL Caserios picks and his trades, what has he done that you can say it was successful? From the draft chart below, the only pick he prior to Demeco was Nico and he was questionable prior to this yr.

If you take away the DW4 trade, which was a NO BRAINER, what trade has he won?

I can tell you everyone he's lost! Anthony Miller, LOST!
    Marcus Cannon, LOST! Shaq Lawson, LOST!

Don't be mad at me blame your boy Caserio!

#182 hlmbasketball, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  3. raining threes

The 2021 draft was Caserio s draft and he got a WR1 out of that draft as well as a backup QB, TE. I wanted Caserio to pick Miwnertz instead of Mills although I understood the Mills pick. A very good draft despite not having rd 1-2 picks

The 2022 draft he did the same thing with Lovie that he's doing with Ryans. Getting the players the HC wants and I would give that draft an inc.

2023 draft

A+

What was lost in those trades? 3 late rd picks.

2023- He traded late rd picks for Jones and Green who kept the ol afloat during all of these injuries. I've got no problem using late rd picks to fill holes in the current roster. Sometimes they workout like this year and sometimes they don't as you've pointed out.

#183 raining threes, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  4. Sooty

Sooty Member

Nick or DeMeco or Hannah?

5. raining threes

Hannah mandated Stroud

The rest of the picks were Ryans guys that Caserio went out and got.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  6. cbass

cbass Member

Well thank God she did.

Also, what’s your source for this claim?

charlieaustin likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Im not sure if she mandated it, however every since she has been more visible, there has veen a definite change on Kirby.

And to me, Nick knew he wasn't productive or turning the Texans around fast enough, thats why he was willing to step down when Demeco was hired.

There is a reason why coaches and other personnel from the New England Patriots tree are not successful, everybody doesn’t have a Tom Brady to fall back on.

#187 hlmbasketball, Oct 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Red.Glare likes this.
  8. raining threes

True

This comes from a friend of mine that's friends with a minority owner.

cbass likes this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Makes sense

raining threes likes this.
  10. Marshall Bryant

Authority begins with the owner and every decision he makes, including the parameters of decisions and who he chooses as advisors, is his alone. It is often completely unappreciated by fans and press who want unlimited resources and no over-site. Like the Mets owner who had to step in anyway when all he saw was FAILURE.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BTH

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BTH

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Caserio we trust

raining threes likes this.
  15. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

here is an hour long interview of Caserio saying nothing. might help you go to sleep.

16. Qan

Qan Member

I get tired of listening to that guy talk when they have him on radio. You learn absolutely nothing from him, but maybe that's his goal.

Hey Now! and hlmbasketball like this.
  17. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

CJ Stroud on his own should make all of us extremely happy.
    Just imagine if Carolina had taken him and we ended up with Bryce Young...

Hank McDowell likes this.
  18. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness to Bryce, Carolina is a DISASTER. However, there's no doubt that he is struggling. I read that he's thrown the second most interceptions in the league from a clean pocket.

Sooty likes this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

I don't know how Bryce would have reacted to the DeMeco situation or how CJ would have reacted to the Panther situation. It's candy and nuts because there is a team around each. But I'm happy with the results so far.

Sooty likes this.
  20. Marshall Bryant

The rebuild is working. And the first good decision is more involvement from the owners.

The second was retaining Caserio for his talents. He works well in a consensus organization to make the tactical moves to get what they decide seek. If the group chooses wrong, he shouldn't get all the blame.

Third, they chose the right coach, though there is no doubt Demeco had other offers. Then they attacked the organizational depth in FA. This has been critical in giving us any shot of success as players rotate on and off the IR and DNP lists.

Fourth, they were foresighted enough to know they would improve so their draft pick would be lower. This changes the evaluation in the Trade up for Anderson. In traditional terms, it values the 23-12th at 1200 and the 24-1 at about 1000 rather than around 2200. I consider the selection of both CJ and Anderson as a package. I'm buying into the idea that taking CJ 1st at 2 is the only way to have been successful making the trade with Arizona for 3. Perhaps this was rooted in pre-draft comments about trades should they fall a certain way.

All these decisions are part of the rebuild and the environment to more rapid improvement than most expected.

#200 Marshall Bryant, Nov 8, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Rudyc281 likes this.