1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Singapore is experiencing an outbreak of the latest variant and is considering putting back in a masking requirement

3. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

we're experiencing an outbreak as well. wife and son recovering, daughter and dogs ok. symptoms are head cold and very sore throat. no fever.

meanwhile, I have the worst cold in memory, but have tested negative everyday for the past week.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

Dislike.

basso likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Get well soon

basso likes this.
  6. Agent94

Agent94 Member

My family got it coming back from England / Ireland a few weeks ago. The sore throat was the worst part. Otherwise, not much different than the flu.

AroundTheWorld and basso like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I met the Singaporean Health Minister a couple months ago.

Nice guy, but he didn't even realize how much he contradicted himself when he praised his own government for early and hard lockdowns and then later wondered why mental health in Singapore is in crisis (especially for young people) and suicides are up.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...stress-emotions-work-studies-wellness-3883091

Had a nice chat about football (soccer) though.

#15027 AroundTheWorld, Dec 25, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
    basso likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The long term effects of this disease are shittier than any. The amount of fatal heart attacks has gone up some crazy % since it has come on, as well as other autoimmune diseases

tinman and B-Bob like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that. Yep the US experienced the same surge in fall. I knew several who got it.

basso likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Told ya.

basso likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

There's a mystery respiratory illness going around in China.

If they want to wear masks, let them.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Seth is arguing with a literal boomer. Bill can't remember when he had measles or polio shots because his head is tpo far up his ass to admit it's the same logic.

Maher could've had covid before vaccination but because it was a novel virus, he wouldn't necessarily have displayed symptoms until after vaccination.

Evading the immune system is one of the reasons some people suffer from long covid

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

update: the daughter caught what I had, which turned out to be The Flu. she did not catch covid. so far, she's been the sickest of any of us.

tinman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Big difference in actual story (masks in healthcare settings) and the outrage tweeter (mandates are back in LA!12!!1!! millions of peeeeeople!@!!!12!)

I think masks should be optional just about everywhere, but I totally respect if a doctor's office wants me to wear shoes, a shirt, some pants, and sure, a mask, for the 10-30 minutes I'm interacting with healthcare workers.

Properly worn masks statistically will help protect (not totally protect) healthcare workers from airborne illnesses, and they deal with sick people all the damn day long, so meh, no problem with an office requirement like that.

Where I agree with the outrage poster is right here: most patients won't wear a good or useful mask properly so still mostly irrelevant requirement, unfortunately. I was in an SF waiting room recently where a big sick guy lowered his crappy mask to cough all over the place and then raised it again. LOL. Thanks, Bubba!

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

My wife, oldest daughter and I were part of that wave. My daughter is super high-risk (born with transposition of the great vessels, corrected with arterial switch at age 5 days old). Fortunately both wife and daughter just had minimal symptoms (lost taste and smell) but I had problems breathing and needed steroids (which then raised my BP and caused headaches).

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Glad you are all ok.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Mandates are idiotic. People can wear masks if they are scared, but mandates are dumb.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member