1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Member

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Here's one - but I think many studies are still ongoing as Covid is still relatively recent and tracking long term heart damage takes time (because it's long term)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2789793

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

That doesn't fly. He claims to be a Catholic but the Pope is pro-vaccine.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sucks that they're trying to screw him over (if true) but man I hated Ken Mauer. He was the first ref I ever grew to hate because of how much he sucked.

5. No Worries

No Worries Member

Faith based? Did God tell him to not take the vaccine? Or is Mauer relying on scripture like Christian Scientists do? Has Mauer (or his children ftm) never had a single vaccine in his (or their) life?

All this screams "I did my own research" BS to me.

DFWRocket likes this.
  6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

this is absolutely true. It's been shown over and 0ver in studies. COVID gives you Viral Myocarditis which can be much more severe than Myocarditis (non-viral). Here are three different sources.

the comparative risks of negative outcomes were worse from myocarditis from COVID-19 infection and other viral myocarditis than from vaccination in all patients older than 12 years of age..

..While the risks of myocarditis have been highest in teen boys and young men regardless of cause, the severity and outcome of myocarditis was much worse at the 90-day mark when it stemmed from COVID-19 infection or other viral diseases. This mirrors our team’s research on this same topic. This discussion also doesn’t take into account the clot and heart attack risks from COVID-19 itself. Because COVID-19 damages blood vessels in all parts of the body, some organ damage such as kidney failure, blood clots, heart attacks and strokes can occur.

https://theconversation.com/what-th...ologists-explain-how-to-parse-the-data-199733

“In classic myocarditis, there are a wide range of presentations, from very mild symptoms to extremely serious, or even fatal, cases,” says Matthew Elias, MD, attending cardiologist in CHOP’s Cardiac Center. “Overall, this does not seem to be happening in post-vaccine myocarditis. In the patients seen at CHOP and at other hospitals, symptoms are generally mild and self-resolving, and heart function is less affected, if affected at all.”

Dr. Elias also notes that patients with post-vaccine myocarditis typically experience a quick recovery, with little to no medical therapy, as opposed to the extensive treatment and possible mechanical support that can be needed in non-vaccine-related myocarditis.

https://www.chop.edu/news/health-tip/myocarditis-and-covid-19-get-facts

fatality rates are higher following myocarditis linked to COVID-19 infection.

‘The risk of dying from myocarditis post COVID is 10–100 times more than dying from myocarditis after a COVID vaccine,’ he said.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/vaccine-and-infection-myocarditis-risks-contrasted

As for the numbers of myocarditis based on age - same source as above..here ya go..

[​IMG]

Sweet Lou 4 2 and No Worries like this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Withholding the pension is a low blow, whatever one think of his objection to the vaccine or the vaccination policy. Not surprised at the NBA mistreating their refs. But, am I going to give my money so he can get his money? Lol, no.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If I remember correctly, you are a doctor?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As to the chart at the bottom, is that peer-reviewed?

It says "estimates", and the source is the "immunisation coalition". Hardly an unbiased source? (I am far from anti-vaccines or anti-pharma, but this doesn't seem unbiased.)

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

National Health And Medical Research Council in conjunction with the University of Queensland School of Public Health, Queensland University of Technology, & Flinders University developed the chart using Australias Department of Healths' data. So there were a lot of eyes reviewing the information.

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

nope. Ironically the company I work for spreads a ton of vaccine misinformation. Fortunately I don't typically work on those programs, but I actually have spoken with or been in the same room with Simone Gold, Peter McCollough, Sherry Tenpenny and Dr Pierre Kory among others. I've heard all of their arguments which led me to research their opinions and is why I'm so vehemently pro-vaccine - because I've looked in to every one of their tales and saw the evidence against them.

12. Commodore

Commodore Member

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

It really is predatory how the military targets the undereducated.

15. No Worries

No Worries Member

No covid vaccine needed to join … but … the Army may very well tell soldiers to get the jab later if covid threatens unit readiness.

DFWRocket likes this.
  16. Commodore

Commodore Member

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The German health minister is an absolute psychopath and pathological liar and fraud.

18. jo mama

jo mama Member

he has to have that because of all the death threats from trumpers.

DFWRocket likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have been listening to a lot of Van Morrison lately.

20. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member