1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thx…..i guess he's stuck there then…..hopefully we add another piece in the next 12months, but until then it's gonna be hard to beat SAS

2. malakas

malakas Member

year 4 is a po
    LMAO lebron is blackmailling the cavs into giving tt a max contract. AHAHAHAHA

but I guess that means that west is a spur.

3. mockster

mockster Member

Now that we've struck out on a PF I think we can be contempt with DMO/Smith/Scola?

Our PF woes aren't to bad other then size but most PFs in the league aren't that big either.

To me smith has more value then dmo. Josh smith was working miracles in the playoffs. If it wasent for him we would of never made it that far.

I think priority is getting a PG and a back up SG that can shoot well. We need a PG that can score though. We don't need a pure passing pg like rondo. Then of coarse we need Somone who can sub for harsen preferably a good pure shooter.

I think if we add a superstar or near superstar *lawson* and add a backup SG and a back up C *even Perkins would work because we do have capella*

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure either team even needs west……spurs definitely need a rim-protector instead

5. sammy

sammy Member

They're old in certain areas. I'm not gonna freak out.

The Rockets won 56 with a crap ton of injuries. We can 58-60 games this season.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Of course Beverley never said that. If he did he wouldn't be a Rocket now. There is zero chance he was guaranteed a starting spot. That guy was just making stuff up.

7. malakas

malakas Member

they should have gotten biyombo before ujiri snatched him up. But I am certain they have a plan. Otherwise it would be hard to convince lma to play without a center. They will do something.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

You dreamed it. You did not read it. And if you did read it, you read something from a source that's as naive as you are. Even Pat knows he's only starting if we strike out on an upgrade. This isn't up for debate. Your contention is nothing short of ridiculous. And you're calling people immature for doubting you? You're silly.

9. Treeza

Treeza Member

Don't really know where else to post this so can someone smarter than me tell me if the following is possible?

Retain J Smoove
    Sign Cory Joseph
    Work out a sign and trade for Rodney Stuckey with the pacers sending them Tjones (seems they could use a PF)

Our lineup would look like :

Bev/CoJo/Terry
    Harden/Stuckey/Terry
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker KJ or whoever
    D-Mo/Smith/Harrell
    Dwight/Capella/Dorsey

I think we would easily be the deepest team in the league and would address some of the major issues this team had last year with two capable ball handlers and play creators in Stuckey and Joseph

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if harden misses any stretch of games, i'm not sure…..last season we were lucky he missed none (except for the 1game suspension)…….as far as matching up with SAS, lamarcus is a rocket killer…….if josh is resigned, he's been able to contain LMA in that past though

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

That's silly. You suggested cyber was responsible for 2.5 month old info. Things change in 2.5 hours in the NBA. A snapshot of 2.5 months ago is only a snapshot. The greatest insider ever -- the greatest GM ever -- could not tell you with certainty that what's true today will be true in 2.5 months. Everything changes. We count on the insiders to tell us what's true now, not in the future. And he didn't tell us LMA would be in a Rockets uni; he said don't be surprised if he is. That was good info. We did indeed chase LMA and he did indeed take our pitch seriously. That was something nobody in the media gave us but cyberx did. Months before anyone else in the media said the Rockets were in the mix for LMA, when they were instead saying he was most likely to land in LA, SA, or DAL, cyberx told us we were. He was right.

Your post asking him to explain what happened was silly. A million things happened. It was two and a half months. These guys aren't psychics.

1 person likes this.
  12. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I don't think you should doubt he's for real when both clutch and doc rocket have vouched for him. (I've seen those posts although couldn't find them if I tried. I'm sure others can point to them). Not saying all his info is correct. If morey were cyber he would still not get a lot t of things right.

13. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

To the posters that continue to want Cory Joseph........Stop
    He isn't a difference maker at all.

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Good post. He is definitely real, by the way. That's been confirmed by Clutch, Doc Rocket, and by his posts. And while I don't really have inside info and couldn't share it if I did, I do know Morey. And nothing cyberx has ever posted has ever been at odds with anything I've heard directly from DM.

15. malakas

malakas Member

good ideas. Jones will have to be accompanied with filler to match Stuckey's likely salary and first hibbert needs to be s+t to clear their capspace because they don't have his bird rights. only his early bird rights.
    Also it's highly doubtfull that joseph will sign with the vet minimum.
    But excellent trade idea.

16. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Why did he re-sign here then to potentially be moved to the bench? Sacramento offered him more money and a starting gig.. same with the Knicks.

My only reason is that Pat values winning more than all the other stuff.

Who do we trade for then? Who starts over Bev? Who do we trade away for this new starting PG?

Lets wait until the season opener before name calling.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

Good to see you still posting. Hope you're doing well this holiday weekend.

18. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Lawson>Collison>Joseph

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

I agree but with the qualifier that this will only be true short term. Duncan, Manu, Parker, and Pop have a little something to do with them being so good and, with the possible exception of Parker, they are all on their way out not just soon but very soon. They'll make moves in the interim but in the absence of those moves the Aldridge Spurs will soon be almost just that: the Aldridge Spurs plus Leonard. Two great players but two great players does not make for a scary contending team. They're going to have a lot of rebuilding to do very soon.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Now that the LMA drama is over, what moves will Houston make to improve our team? We've lost ground to SA and Golden State remains the best team in basketball. We've got some work to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.