1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabesque

sabesque Member

IMO if we had Rubio (pretending he was healthy) and not DMo last night we lose. Rubio doesn't help offensively us if James is having an off night

2. basketballholic

Would you be willing to eat KMart's contact to get Rubio?

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

No f'ing way.

4. NotChandlerParsons

I wouldn't be willing to eat Rubio's contract to get Rubio.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Member

I might be wiling to add KMart by himself but if your saying I have to take Rubio to get him then thats a deal killer.

6. basketballholic

Yes. He is a possibility. Mack is a bulldog. He's got a lot of Lowry in his game. He's a winner. Not spectacular at any one thing but he grinds hard and comes up big in big moments. I've always liked him. Would rather trade for a guy like this than a mediocre PG owed 24 million over the next 3-4 years.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Ill take kmart before rubio. he would be a splendid 6th man off the bench. And while he isnt a facilitator he is still able to get his own shot and draw attention which would ease the burden on harden. Plus with harden on thw bench we would have someone the oposing defense has to worry about. But is he back from injury yet?

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He's only making ~7.5M, that's a steal.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Member

For someone averaging over 20PPG, 45%FG & 44%3PT, yeah I would say that is a huge steal. His defense sucks but then again so does a guy like CP25 and he is getting the max. At 6.7 mil this season, 7 mil next season and a PO for 7.3 mil in 16/17 season he is one of the better values in the league and would not bother me in the least that he is a scorer only.

10. basketballholic

Martin is owed that for 2 more seasons after this one. And he's coming off a cracked wrist on that 45% 3-ball shooting hand. And he does not play defense. Just say'n.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think Rubio/Martin really fortifies your guard rotation. You have huge depth at 1-3. You add both offensive punch and complexity. Martin helps to negate some of the things that Rubio WON'T add to the team. Rubio will make everyone a bit more effective.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Christ. Anyone who thinks we have a chance at getting Rubio is a moron. You don't have any idea how the nba works. Idiots

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

We're going to get Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, and Kevin Durant too, while only trading some late draft picks and Dorsey!!! This is so awesome!!!

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I really reading your post, but what do you see in Rubio? He can create and defend, but can't shoot worth a lick, a Rondo light, if you will.

Harden is getting double teamed hard, and I am afraid this will be like the new norm, as teams know he is Rockets engine. Getting Rubio will not ease Harden's problems. Teams will just continue to tag team Harden and invite Rubio to shoot wide open shots.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I might. Harden and Rubio both need shooters to space the floor. Other than Terry, we really don't have any pure shooters in the rotation. I think this 2 deep is fairly well balanced:

Rubio / Beverley
    Harden / Martin
    Ariza / Brewer
    DMo / Smith
    Howard / Dorsey

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Fair criticism. I think the Rockets would help him emphasize what he can do (like they have with Josh Smith), but there's no denying that he's not even an average shooter right now. His career FT rate is around 80%, and I think he's in the low 30s from 3. If we can get him to abandon the long 2s, I think he can become an average scorer.

What intrigues me is pairing his and Hardens ability to create....the ball moving through the offense in a very Spurs-esqe fashion, with an obvious tilt towards Harden. The issue is we need more good shooters to make it work. The backup guards need to be proven shooters, and we need a big that can knock it down from long range (DMo might be getting closer to becoming this).

I also like how he fits on defense. We've loaded our backcourt with gamblers, and Rubio might be the best of the lot. Between Rubio, Harden, Brewer, and Ariza, we are going to disrupte a lot of passing lanes, and if Howard is healthy, we may not pay for it when we miss.

17. Sanity2disChaos

Hes coming home guys:grin:

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Why you mad tho?

19. delishman

delishman Member

Enlighten us. Glen Taylor is notoriously cheap & the TWolves are rebuilding. They aren't going to give him away but it's not like we are talking about Jimmy Butler here. It's Wicky.

20. rocketseagles07

Another day, another rubio mention. Lmao, Rubio is a HORRIBLE fit for this team. Teams w/ players like harden don't need a facilitator like rubio/rondo/etc. at the pg position. Just like that guy Lebron James doesn't need a facilitaor next to him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.