1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Cubans Blog

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Boomhauer, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Dude sounds bitter, cry a river why don't you Cuban? Barkley and Smith know more about basketball than you ever will! I hate Cuban! :mad:

LINK

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Halftime was fun today. Mark Cuban got railed.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Yeah, I just saw that.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Conversion rates schmonversion rates. You DO NOT want Dirk to be stuck guarding Nash on a critical possession. Sometimes I hate stats.

5. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Let's see, I have a choice of reading Paula Deen's recipe for blueberry cake on the Food Network, Paul James' tips for gardening on HGTV, or Mark Cuban's opinion about anything other than information technology. Sorry, but James and Deen have priority over Cuban. For a second, I actually pretended to be a Maverick fan and care about what Keith Van Halen did in the game last night. Then, as nausea set in, I returned to the Rockets board and all was well.

7. 12345

12345 Member

Kenny wasn't too happy about that. TNT should've showed the entire quote from Cuban's blog, especially the part about Reggie Miller. :D

8. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Well he added this just now, lol. What a cry baby....

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Cuban just updated...

You can tell Cuban knows how to deal with numbers...looks like he lives and dies by numbers and stats. Note to Cuban...stats don't win championships.

Kenny and Charles are paid to watch the games, break down what they see, and entertain. How hard is it to be prepared to watch basketball and use your knowledge?

Cuban's right...it's not comparing apples to apples. He needs to shut the hell up and let his teams results do the talking. So far, Barkley is right, his teams have all been softcakes that play poor defense. You don't see Avery Johnson or any players running their mouth about the TNT guys.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Gawd someone needs to punch Cuban in the mouth...

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

What's Cuban trying to say, "Our defense of the pick and roll worked flawlessly! Phoenix just made miraculous shot after miraculous shot using that very play!" It's obvious they did a poor job defending it because the other team scored about 1,000 points using it.

Of course, Charles and Kenny criticized Phoenix for the EXACT SAME PROBLEM but somehow I guess Cuban doesn't think that particular critique is idiotic.

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Did people even check to make sure it is actually Cuban's blog??

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's been around for a while. It's come up many times here on the boards and on sportscenter...especially when he let Nash go. It's pretty safe to say that he's writing this stuff.

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

If that is the case, then it is really interesting read.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Wow. Cuban is coming out looking like a big jerk. But I also sense a frustration from him. I think he realizes that his Dallas team, as it is, will not take him all the way. He is desperate for a trade or someway to improve his team, but he does not have a solution.

16. dandorotik

Mark Cuban is a flyspeck on the map of the NBA. He does a lot of great things for the fans in Dallas, and if I was a fan of the Mavericks, I'd probably appreciate it.

However, he has one critical flaw- he does not operate well within the Team Building aspect of constructing a franchise. He brings in players (Antoine Walker, Erick Dampier) who cost the team both in terms of what they make and how they detract from the team, he creates a sense of nervousness around his team, his sideshow detracts from the team (and you know that has an effect on them), and I don't feel his players can take him seriously because he is not a knowledge expert in the field of basketball. Business-wise, great, Customer-wise, great, Team building-wise, well, the Mavericks won't be winning championships for years to come because he doesn't get it and he probably never will. Buford in SA, Davidson in Detroit, Alexander, etc. - these guys get it.

17. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i like kenny and charles more for the comedic value, but they do know basketball. they only played in the nba for a bazillion years combined. cuban is a moron when it comes to basketball. if he knew so much about basketball, how come the mavs haven't made it to an nba finals yet? how come he let both steve nash and michael finley walk out the door? how come he thought erick dampier, doug christie, jason terry and desagana diop would be good replacements? despite what everyone thinks...mark cuban isn't good for the game of basketball. i know he cares about his team and gets involved but he's an arrogant *******, trying to mascarade as a basketball expert. he feels the need to have the camara on him during basketball games by running out on the floor in the middle of fight & sitting behind the bench pretending he's a coach. and a blog like this criticizing other people stating their opinion, again trying to get the attention on him instead of HIS TEAM!!! the nba is about the players, teams, and history of the game. not punk arrogant owners trying to get some face time on tv.

18. dandorotik

One other thing- in a war of words between Smith/Barkley and Cuban, Smith/Barkley will win hands-down, every time. If Cuban was smart, he might say something like, "I respect Smith and Barkley for their opinions, although I may not agree with them....(explanation of their system)...in short, it's good that they have a public forum to express their opinions as do we."

Cuban thinks he's smart, but he's just made a stupid business decision by insulting two respected broadcasters (regardless of their competency, they are respected and popular) in a public forum. Now, do you think they will ever give the Mavericks credit for anything? Possibly not. They'll use every chance they get to poke fun at them and Cuban. And you just can't win against Barkley- he's too clever and cutting in his put-downs- trust me, Cuban will come out looking like the fool.

Again, for a smart business person, he hasn't learned the principle rule of business when it comes to the NBA, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

GOOD LORD, I'm glad Les Alexander doesn't have a blog that he uses to run weak smack at TNT commentators. It's called class, Mark. Look into it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Cuban wouldn't last a day in the D&D.

20. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Too bad Magic wasn't in the studio that night.

I would like to see Cuban try to tell Magic that he ain't got the bball IQ.