1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Crystal Ball: 2016 Draft] A Return to The Familiar 9th Seed 14th Pick. Our picks from the past & fu

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Mar 3, 2016.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we won't miss the Playoffs, Utah are falling away in 9th spot with 4 straight losses

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yes? Oh nevermind....

1 person likes this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

i agree 100%. my head and my heart are in the 9th seed though. no way am i giving up a first round pick in exchange for 4 blowout losses to the warriors. i'm not sure who benefits from that. none of our young guys would even play. harden/dwight/ariza/bev already have playoff experience. #saveourpick.

I concur. Or should I say, I conCurry. (no, that was terrible)

as for that offseason plan, very similar to mine:

first:
    i would let dwight walk (unless he takes a lowball offer that you said you'd offer). capela isn't too far behind and is only 1/10th of the cost of retaining dwight. not to mention there are plenty of decent centers on the market to backup capela, or challenge him for the starting spot.

Whatever did or didn't happen with Dwight during the deadline (lots of he said / she said), I hope that affected his value, and forces him to accept less to be a part of something big. Because, I still believe in a superstar big man, as antiquated as that formula is starting to look now-a-days.

Morey said we have enough for 2 max guys. So if Dwight won't buy-in, then go get Drummond.

I like keeping Capela as a back up C. Wait no, I love it. I'm a huge Capela fan, despite his slight slump this year. So with either Howard or Drummond at 5, and Clint as back up 5...I don't want to draft a C. I was just being tongue & cheek about the 7'2" Chinese player. And so no to Diamond Stone as well, despite the p*rn-tastic name.

second:
    let all of our free agents and NG contracts walk. clear as much cap as possible to reload. i'd consider keeping dmo depending on how he looks the rest of the year after the back surgery, and depending on how cheap we can get him. everyone else, gone.

Just like Howard's no-go at tradeline hopefully affected his value, I hope the same for D-Mo. Really sorry D-Mo, but you'll get paid multiple millions in your lifetime. I'm gonna be selfish and hope we retain you without a ridiculous contract. Because I'm a big fan of D-Mo since day 1 of his 1st summer league.

Terrence Jones, Josh Smith and Jason Terry can all walk. Replace them with a new crop of veteran minimums, and fill-ins.

third:
    target borderline star free agents while the rest of the league waits for horford and durant. give extra preference (and extra money) to players from teams ahead of us in the standings. stealing those players will improve us while weakening them. this helps us rise in the standings exponentially.

Crafty. And I like Horford.

fourth:
    avoid the traps. gasol is too old. batum, jefferson, and noah are always injured. whiteside will cause more harm that good, just ask miami. same for rondo.

Yep.

primary targets:
    conley <--co-signed, but I don't think he'll move
    barnes
    ezeli
    parsons
    clarkson

4. dmoneybangbang

I like our chances of nabbing another NBA role player with the the 14th pick.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

wow 11-12, we struck out on all 3. horrible