1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Goran Dragic convince Dwight Howard to stay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedDynasty, Jun 25, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Upon hearing reports that the Rockets are targeting two Top-10 picks in this draft, and then trading them in a package for Howard, we see Morey making his biggest gamble as the Rockets GM. This is definently no guarantee that Howard will even stay beyond the one year - but there could be one solution - Goran Dragic. If Goran plays the way he did last season, he could be considered a Top 10 Point Guard nationally. So here is my question - if Dragic plays as well as D-Will, Howard's buddy, could that convince Howard to remain a Rocket beyond this year?

I think yes.

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You decided to make a whole thread about a player that isn't on our squad, a free agent that we still have not signed and then asked whether one will convince the other of staying on our team? Clutchfans need to step up their game.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

No. Dwill and only him will

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not a chance.

5. amaru

amaru Member

LOL......I don't think many all-stars are foaming at the mouth to play with a career back-up who had a few good games last season. :eek:

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I've learned my lesson with Lowry last season. Goran is nowhere near top 10.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.I like Goran but no.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

9. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

No, you are being to logical! While Goran is a good player with potential to be an all star PG, he doesn't have the "swag" that Williams does, which is the most important trait in championship teams

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Well aren't you a Clutchfans pro.
    1. The Rockets are said to be interested in Dwight Howard, and this thread is a hypthetical one on if Dwight came, would Dragic play well enough to convince him to reamin a Rocket.
    2. In this hypothetical, the Rockets trade for a Top-10 pick to a team who doesn't have a legitimate point guard. Thinking Lowry is out, Dragic is in.

Read the thread before making your dumbass reply.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope we can get Dwight so he can convince Dragic to stay.

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Every other thread in the GARM is about a guy who proved this season that he may be the biggest whinny baby in the NBA.

Howard is talented but we are going to need a player with some balls to win a championship. We better start thinking about who THAT player is because Howard will never get it done as the Alpha on a team.

13. sks123

sks123 Member

Lee might have a better chance since he is good friends with Howard, although I dont think that influence will be huge.

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

15. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

*Les Alexander Laugh*

1 person likes this.
  16. izeroi

izeroi Member

Hilarious thread is hilarious.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Howard has a crush on Dwill and everyone knows it.

18. conquistador#11

one is a humble individual with talent, who would have been getting mvp votes by BSPN had he been playing point guard for the NY Bricks. The other is a talented big who like wade went to the darkside of douchebaggery and is now an entitled mess.

funny thread. has potential for more spinoffs.

19. Toothless_Texan

:) ^^^This^^^

20. smr6

smr6 Member

Short of landing D-Will, we would basically have to make the finals to convince him to stay.