1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cool story, bro] Pics/Observations from behind the bench @ Rockets/Clips

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KlutchQT, Feb 26, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Was too tired to make this post after the game, but I sat 2 rows behind the bench last night and thought I would share my random observations / photos:

- Jet is by far the most vocal guy on the team. He coached in the huddles a LOT (a little more than Harden), and they all seemed to hang on his every word -- Harden included. Harden was all basketball in the huddles, pointing out little mistakes and what needed to happen next... Jet was the motivator, just hyping and encouraging. I heard lots of "WE CAN BEAT THESE GUYS!" from him, and he kept randomly getting up to pat guys on their heads to tell them they were doing a good job. Including KJ and Joey, lol.

- Jet was also super interactive with the crowd and would *not* let the area behind him get quiet, which I LOVE. At one point he stood up, turned around and said, "Y'ALL AIN'T LOUD ENOUGH FOR ME!" Nobody said anything, so I said, "I AM!!!" He goes, "Well, yeah... I hear YOU!" x_x That pretty much made my life.

- Josh curses a LOT lol. I lost track of the F-bombs. There was also a guy right behind me kinda trash talking him about the missed FTs -- Josh was on the floor at the time so he didn't hear, but I don't think the guy knew Josh's dad was sitting directly behind him. Awkward.

- On that note, I recognized Josh's dad from one of the broadcasts and had a brief convo with him before the game started. Told him I wasn't sure what I would think about Josh before he got here, but that he had been really great for us and that I was very glad to have him. He said he was happy to hear it and that Josh is happy to be here. Very nice guy.

- Harden was OVER CP3 and the refs letting him push off. In one huddle, McHale was trying to talk to the guys and Harden spent the whole time whining to DMo: "Do you see that ****? THEY DON'T LET ME DO THAT ****!!"

- Bickerstaff is clearly the guy who takes them to task. He was in their asses in every huddle and was the guy being tough with them when necessary. It's obvious McHale is more of a players' guy. He tried to give DMo a talking to about something on one occasion (I couldn't hear what) -- but DMo ended up talking his way out of it and McHale just gave in. What I could make out:

McHale: You gotta [not sure what]
    DMo: I try, but he *gestures wildly, says something I can't hear*
    McHale: No, that's not what I'm talking about. That wasn't the wedge...
    DMo: *gestures wildly, says more things I can't hear*
    McHale: Oh. Well, okay then. *walks away*

Even the lady who was sitting next to me who knew zero about basketball or the Rockets was like, "Well, he sure talked his way out of that, didn't he?" x_x

Some pics (spoilered for size):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Except this one, which I will not spoiler because it made my night.

[​IMG]

I can also be seen here going nuts behind Harden at :19. :p

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dPDCS5ix0fA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

53 people like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man I want seats like that just once in my life. Just once.

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Nice write up! Love that wise man terry is a motivator and coaching the guys and it's good to know Bickerstaff is laying into them... Mchale strikes me as being too laid back most the time, not sure if that's what you want in a coach. Cool pics!!!

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

Great stuff! Repped

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I see you April, next time bring me courtside. I got you on Twitter too...

6. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Good stuff

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You are shorter than Bill Worrell? Bill Worrell is like 5'' tall!

8. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

My guess is something to do with stopping those alley oops to Jordan. Nice pic of you and Bill. Thanks for sharing!

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I really think McHale was hired to be the recruiter and personalities manager. Morey is the brains behind the strategy. The assistants are the x's and o's

10. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Thanks for the read and pictures :)

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

thank you for the insight. always good to hear from fans at games.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Awesome. I love these threads.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Good stuff April!!!!!!!

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Wow, great seats. Never been able to be close enough to hear players/coaches during the game. Thanks for sharing.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

FANTASTIC! Great stuff!

LOL!!!!

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Me too! Wow that looks and sounds like so much fun. I don't think there is anyway I would ever be able to afford it though.

Thanks for sharing the photos and everything!

17. RESINator

RESINator Member

Thanks for sharing.

Amazing to see how DMo now doesn't respect McHale. Come playoffs this is going to be a problem if Mchale can't make the necessary adjustments.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But definitely cuter! Great write-up, coooool!!!

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There isn't an epic enough eye roll to post to this, but this one will have to do...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Oh Lord lol. Nothing about their exchange made me think DMo doesn't respect him. He wasn't out of pocket or indignant at all -- if anything, McHale just didn't press the issue (whatever it was)