1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cool story, bro][Championship Anniversary Request Version]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Artie_Fufkin, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

My girlfriend -- knowing what a huge Rockets fan I am -- knew how badly I wanted to go to tonight's Denver game, so she tried to buy me tickets. However, instead of getting tickets, she learned a $150 lesson. Craigslisters are not always on the up and up.

So...we watched from the couch. I feel like I really missed out!! It took me back to being 14 and 15 and being tricked into believing these Championships would be coming frequently. (A 20-year anniversary Championship would really cap off this party!)

So, I'm requesting pictures/stories from my ClutchFans brethren that were able to attend. The only things missing (other than Turbo) was a Gene Peterson "How Sweet It Is" and a Rudy T "Never Underestimate the Heart of a CHAMPION!" Everything else was amazing!

2 people like this.
  2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Damn, she got taken. Paypal and flashseats. People are just wrong. Sorry for you and your girl

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

OP should stay off line tonight and treat his girl right.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Wow that sucks man. I saw most of the presentation at halftime and saw almost everyone walking around the Lexus Lounge after the game. Elie Mad Max Hakeem Larry Smith even saw Adam Silver

5. xaos

xaos Member

Honestly, this is one of the few games I would rather stay home and watch the game. Calvin and Bill together again was worth every minute.

6. King of 40 Acres

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

So anybody who got the poster or other stuff?? :cool:

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Nice pic! I just wanted to say it was pretty cool of Adam Silver to be there and take part in the celebration. Guy has been a total success in my book. I briefly saw him speaking to crowd on the television broadcast. Anyone have a summary? Just paying tribute to the championship team?

9. King of 40 Acres

As many other posters mentioned they had a nice tribute video to start off the ceremony. Adam Silver also made a few remarks during the ceremony before the introduction of all the members of the Championship teams.

Then they introduced all the members of the team. They started with the media members like the radio broadcasters and TV broadcasters (Bill Worrell and Calvin Murphy) then went on to introduce some of the assistant coaches (Larry Smith) and General Manager.

Then they introduced the players. Robert Horry, Otis Thorpe, Mad Max, Clyde, Rudy T, Hakeem I believe that was the order. After those introductions the current Rockets players (who had come out onto the court to watch the ceremony went up and greeted / talked to all the former players from the championship team. It was a pretty cool sight to see.

That's the short and sweet recap.