1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cool] Johnny Depp Leaves $4K Tip For Chicago Waiter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm a pretty good tipper (usually about 20%), but I don't think I've ever tipped 90%! I've always heard Depp was one of the good guys. Or maybe he was just drunk... ;) Either way, pretty cool story.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I guess he shouldn't be expecting any $4,000 tips from them anytime soon.

Cool story, by the way. Of course one never knows until they're in the position, but I've always thought I'd get a lot of enjoyment from being the "overly generous celebrity". In fact, I think that'd be one of the best things about being rich and famous...but still secondary to the multi-million dollar estates, limited edition sports cars, and exotic women, of course...

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Sam thing as CCR said above. I tip, what I consider, generous now even to those waiters whose service was subpar. I would love to be able to, for lack of a better phrase, over-tip.

4. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I didn't think it was possible, but Johnny Depp just got even sexier.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I know people who have money and will literally not leave more than a cent over 15%... they even go so far as to calculate exactly 15%.

My Grandfather and I would eat at Red Lobster sometimes, and he'd end up putting a 30 dollar tip on a 25 dollar meal.

Wish more people were like that.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

When I was on business travel several years ago down in Cocoa Beach, I ate at an Applebees and got a hamburger with a water. The total was like 8 bucks and I gave my server a tip for 8 bucks (I was on per diem so I had the money to spare) mainly because she was good and cute. I wish I could give servers tips like that more often.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WOW. Shoot yeah, he better tip thousands. If it is the wee hours of the morning and I'm a waiter working my _ss off, I'd better get more than fifteeen percent. :eek:

Who in this here forum has been a waiter and has gotten a hefty tip?

Fixed.

(90 %) of 4400 = 3960 :p

Manny, I never thought of it that way... if it's someone else paying... why not let the waiter have it? Good stuff.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah, if my food is under $20 at a sit down where waiters serve me then I usually double it.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I gave a bartender a 100% tip last night. Although the bill was only for $2.50 though...

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I figured he would be one of nicest guys in show biz...and also one of the sexiest men!!!

Last night when me and my fiance were at the movies, we saw a poster.

[​IMG]

I sooo was convinced it was Elijah Wood and my guy said it was Johnny Depp. Holy crap, they look just so much alike in this picture. Don't you think so?

11. dianap07

dianap07 Member

wow, you daredevil you!!! right up there with mother theresa :p

anyhoo, i freakin FLOVEEE Johnny Depp and have been following his career since 21 Jump Street *happy sigh* He's my brother's man crush lmao (shhhh don't tell him i told yall) anyway, this makes him even more cool!

12. dianap07

dianap07 Member

hahaha, they do look alike. is that depp in the movie for Alice in Wonderland??

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I’m willing to give 100% tips if the service is good and it’s just me by myself spending $8 on a burger, but I rarely dine by myself. The smallest tip I will ever give for good service is $10, even if my bill is $20 or less.

This past weekend, I picked up the check for a family dinner (party of 6) and I’m pretty sure the waitress did our check wrong. There were 6 entrees, 2 appetizers, and 3 desserts, as well as a few beers I drank. The total bill was $60! Since the service was good and I was already prepared to fork out about $100 + tip, I left a $30 tip for the girl.

And yes, if I made Depp’s kind of money, I would probably be a habitual over-tipper (for good service) but that still doesn’t make what he did any less cool. Hell, that was probably 4 month’s rent for that waiter.

14. shishcabibble

shishcabibble Member

Awe, you go Johnny Depp! I love him, haha. :)

(But he looks mad creepy as The Mad Hatter, man.)

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

some nice people in this thread. make up for all the people that leave crappy tips... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Johnny Depp is cool...but I think he's getting a little too much love for leaving a nice tip, when he's absolutely loaded. Of course, he doesn't have to, but I think a lot of people, in his situation, would do similar things. I had a friend in college who was rich. Well, not just rich, but mega mega mega rich. We'd go eat at a Chili's and he'd consistently leave $100 tips when the service was good. Why, because he could.

I'm not rich and I always leave 20%. Doesn't make me that awesome...

17. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Seems like a bad move by the waiter to make a big fuss about this. Now he is gonna have to report the whole $4,000 as earnings...what an amateur.

18. Asian Sensation

hahaha

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm a generous tipper but i'm gonna play devil's advocate and say "overtipping" is dumb.

20. kikimama

kikimama Member

Post from Digg.com
    "Bill Gates gives away 50% of his Billions and he's an *****. Johnny Depp tips money he could burn and not care and everyone thinks he's a sweetheart. Don't get me wrong that was an awesome gesture... I just like how society views people based on stigmas and sterotypes LOL .."