1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

computer help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Oct 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

Everytime i turn on my other computer this black screen comes up saying in power save mode press any key or move mouse. I press keys and move mouse but nothing happens. This happens every time i turn on the computer. Its a windows xp Dell. Help?

2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

What happens when you press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds...that should completely turn the pc off...unplug the power....leave it unplugged for about a minute..letting any capacitors discharge..turn the power back on.

What is the very first thing you see? Is it the same screen you described earlier?

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

probably a cable connecting the computer to the monitor is unplugged

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

Yea same screen. Im gonna unplug everything and let it stay for a day.

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

that happened to me once and i just kept turning off and on the monitor until it worked..

i dont know if thats safe to do or whatever but it was an old monitor

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

its a stretch but it could be small virus/trojan issue.

if problems persist you might need to go in via safe mode (if available) and run a scan with your virus/spyware software to clean the system.

if all else fails, do as i tend to do and pay someone to have a look at it