1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comfy (wide) dress shoes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TWS1986, Oct 14, 2020.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Seems like with the weight gain has come some increased discomfort in fitting into my dress shoes for work. Any good recommendations for brands that comfortably support a wider foot? I'm a size 12.5 (yep, 12.5 lol). Thanks :). Working on the weight loss part!

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Would you do cowboy boots? You can find nice widths and they last forever. In most shoes I have to buy a 12 but with the proper width I'm a 11eee in boots. They aren't all pointy ****-kickers.

My daily wear when I went to the office daily are an amazingly comfortable pair of 12 year old Justin ostrich square toe that I bought in Ft. Worth for $300 in 2008. Re-soled three times for around $100 each time, but completely worth the money over time when you consider I would buy a new pair of dress shoes every 1-2 years for over $100 each time.

luckystrikes, cmoak1982 and TWS1986 like this.
  3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Maybe. I don't know if cowboy boots would be a great fit in a corporate office kind of deal, but worth looking into to see if there are some other ones that conform a little better than the traditional ones out there.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Comfy dress shoe is about the biggest oxymoron there is lol

Jontro and TWS1986 like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I hear you. I'm in Texas, so it's acceptable here (not sure where you're at). I wore them with suits or slacks and a sport coat to meetings with executives all the time. More often than not, I would get compliments on them. I had some people (usually yankees) mistake them for dress shoes and still compliment them.

I wore them to my sister's wedding in MN and also got complements there, I guess I was sort of 'exotic' too and lived up to the part of coming from Texas.

Jontro and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'm in good ol' H-Town. :). Hmm, neat. Maybe I'll start giving it a whirl.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

My only advice is that if you're going to be on your feet a decent amount, make sure you have enough room in your boots for some quality inserts. Boots can be rough on the knees/back.

Xerobull, TWS1986 and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

clarks are the shoes you seek.

i cant find the exact ones i bought a couple years ago, but these are close...
    https://www.clarksusa.com/c/Luglite-Cap/p/26145674

i bought in wide and they are the most comfortable dress shoes ive ever owned by far. built in cushioning and they are really lightweight so it feels like youre wearing nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all.

Xerobull, TWS1986 and malakas like this.