1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Come on Trevor Ariza just dunk on them fools man.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoove shoez, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Jordan16Htown

Jordan16Htown Member

this tread is soo ture.... soon he will get it.... soon!

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Wow, I didn't know he had it like that.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm happy with him for the most part. He is a better player overall than I expected (although less of a defender).

There was a large percentage of the BBS that seemed to be under the impression that he was this superb driver/slasher/finisher. Despite his length and leaping ability, he has never been that.

Regarding his athleticism, it's really about what you define as "athletic." I do think he is a good athlete but I don't think you can consider an NBA athlete a great one when they have poor core strength and poor coordination. I just think some of these threads are coming from people who had an unrealistically high expectation for this guy. It appears he is and will always be a spot up shooting, defender who can finish plays if the defense doesn't respect him. Nothing wrong with that.

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

understood. but you sound like the guy who got a porsche for the price of a honda and is pissed that it's not a ferrari.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Not at all. I'm the guy that thought we needed a big truck but we got a new honda for the price of a used honda but people around me were claiming that honda was going to perform like a corvette and now they are surprised that it, in fact, performs like a honda.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Probably the most surprising thing about those video clips: In some of them he was actually beating people off the dribble to get those dunks..

7. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Well, in those plays the defender are mostly already out of position and trying to recover, it's not that hard to blow by them with his athleticism. He can't break down a defense when it's all set up, and that's the difference between a good player and a superstar in the league.

8. Obito

Obito Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-OXHfbqJ704&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-OXHfbqJ704&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. whatevar93

whatevar93 Member

The NBA isn't NBA 2k10.

10. jsonic6

jsonic6 Member

Damn Trevor, where that come from?! :eek:

11. allforone

allforone Member

he is still shooting like sxxt, but i love him

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Does not matter how old you are if you have never played a full season as a starter. Most players are going to need time to adjust.

13. Chamillionaire

nice threat OP, he deserves some rep points. :cool:

14. Chamillionaire

don't have edit. :(

15. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

One day, one day.... :grin: