1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And you are the winner. Good job naming them all. Bwhahaha

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

We definitely would have won with Dwight in, but let's be honest, we probably could have won if we had a better coach as well. The rotations tonight just seemed ridiculous.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Those that say Asik wasn't a commodity need to examine this game. Imagine what happens when Howard is actually injured for an extended time. Ouch....

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

This x100. If Pap & Ariza don't throw up goose eggs from behind the arc, and Harden plays just a little more efficient, we win sans 3 starters. We just aren't deep enough to handle 3 guys being out, but I'm glad DMo & Canaan are showing they are deserving of minutes off the bench. Canaan/Terry/Pap/DMo could be a nice bench, rotating in/out Howard & Harden.

Let's see if we can't get healthy and burn out 3 W's next week heading into the Memphis game.

5. downbytheriver

Still learning and I've seen major adjustments in his ability to create space for himself and knock down jumpers. Can also steamroll and bounce off opponents. Stronger, more physical guards take a longer time to adjust to playoff basketball in this era. Cur ry is just a system softy, he won't cut it against better teams on playoffs. Very nice jumper blah blah, but not a superstar. Opposite of westbrook, who I am terrified of.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Ariza and Pap bought their shot we probably would have won. Either ways, I'm proud. We still need a back up center, hopefully O'neal still wants to play or something.

But other than that... we have more than capable backup guards and forwards. If we can sign one solid back up vet C we are set this year and I'd take us against ANY team in a 7 game series.

Missing Dwight was huge obviously, we are just not going to replace that and beat another top 10 NBA team. It would have been horribly lucky to do so.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Check currys averages in the postseason against hardens.

Stats don't support your assertion.

8. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Didn't care that much that we lost this game. Only thing I wanted was for Harden to shoot better but apparently it's too much to ask for these days. 7 games in ... not even avg 40% fg ... yikes.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Member

GSW should have blown us out like we did the Spurs, overrated team.

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

it's a positive sign to see the Warriors work so hard against such a depleted team.

But Espn will have a field day.

"Warriors remain unbeaten, smash Rockets"

No mention of Dwight, Jones, Bev.

F*** Em'

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What happened To okc when Durant got injured... Ouch :(

Stop with the bad analysis.

12. bongman

bongman Member

Didn't watch the game, box score shows Canaan did well. Did he look good?

13. arjun

arjun Member

The most encouraging part of this game: Beverly and Dwight, our two best defenders, wre both out and we still competed hard defensively. No more "tone setting" it is slowly becoming ingrained in our players

14. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

The refs also got in our head. They blew a bunch of calls and we haven't learned how to play through the bad calls. I also think we stopped attacking the basket because the refs weren't calling fouls the second half as they did in the first. The experience discrepancy of these two teams began to show in the fourth.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The only headscratchers for me was trying out Papa at the 5? You serious, McHale?

And not playing Daniels in the 2nd half. He could have given Harden a few min of rest.

Anyway, we learned much about our team tonight. Black and Dorsey aren't going to cut it. Pls. replace them ASAP. DMo and Canaan made me proud. Kostas should not try to do too much; refs had their eyes out for him though. He couldn't get a call.

You know, Kostas hasn't played a decent game at the TC. His good games have been on the road.

16. rocketsmetalspd

On to the next game. Off tonight shooting wise. IF Howard were to play tonight I still believe the Rockets would've won tonight. It's like every season the Rockets can't ever catch a break health wise when the team is starting to get going.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Good defense tonight, hard to overcome 3 starters down, and most of the team having an off night shooting. There certainly was room for improvement, but it's not a game we "should have won" so I'm not that disappointed all things considered. Good effort even if the execution wasn't always great.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some problems should be fixed before a coaching change.

When McHale has a good starting 5 and a good bench and he still fails in the playoffs only then it is time to think about firing McHale.

19. durvasa

durvasa Member

I liked what I saw from Canaan. Maybe more Troy Daniels would have helped on the 3-point shooting.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Someone already told you to go look at the numbers in the post season, but you might as well go look at this season's too. Harden's FG% might scare you .