1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2014.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It's a lost but this game proved that this team is on their way. We could have given up in that third quarter but came back. If we were healthy, I have no doubt we would have won this game. Just didn't have enough capable bodies and our shooting touch suffered.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Game over, 6-1 for the year. On to the next one

3. HTM

HTM Member

We don't play again until wed... lots of time to recover

4. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Nah, we just haven't played anyone yet. Tonight would have been a good test but Howard didn't play. Don't know what we have yet. Only team we really beat was Miami and they suck in my opinion. They lost to the Hornets the next night.

5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

You think Papa showed up? He was pathetic on offense and defense

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he would've gotten clowned by David lee if he played too.

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

They had 3 starters out, go play on the freeway.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We would have run them out if Dwight were healthy.

Without an inside game, we don't have enough space for our 3pt shooters.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Bring on the knee jerk threads!

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No doubt. I have longed for either half of Scolandry for the last three seasons.

Still, this team is every bit as good as we thought they were three hours ago...probably better. Show me a team that can be without three starters, including the best C in the league, and still give GS a run for their money.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

I hate that now the media is going to some major jock riding of the Warriors...

Articles are going to come out saying that this Houston team is not as good as its record.

**** the media

13. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I don't see any reason to kneejerk. How do you expect to win a game when Harden has an off night and we're missing 3 starters? That's the story of the game. Our offense sucks without Dwight inside. I'm not worried at all by this loss.

14. srrm

srrm Member

It's ok - take it easy.

This is like our win over the Spurs but less impressive for them... they played Curry 40 minutes to close this game out!

Rockets are better

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

We are solely relying on talent on offense, there is almost zero method to this 3pt shooting madness. Not trying to get Daniels open, not Canaan, not even Harden for crying out loud. All iso, pick and roll and some screens off of the ball.

16. downbytheriver

Harden > Curry. Come playoffs you'll see why. Just 1 game without our best player who was rounding into DPOY form. Warriors are overrated, would love to play them in the playoffs.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

ESPN Headline: Warriors defeat rockets and stay undefeated, looking like the real deal!

Let's ignore the fact the rockets had 3 starters out.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I disagree..

They have been the fools gold media darling for the last couple of years, but their style of play seems to be more conducive toward post season success now, I'd say they are a top 3 team. Greater emphasis on defense, overall chemistry, and discipline (maybe Kerr?)

19. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

A valiant effort, but I wonder if national media (ie ESPN douche bags) will piss all over us for losing to a "contender" like GSW, or will they say the same things about us they said about the Spurs when they got body slammed by us on Thurs night.

But but but, they were w/o Duncan and Ginobli and Splitter of course they would have won had those guys played...

I am betting they make very little mention that 2/3 of our starting line up was out, this will be all about how great the Warriors are... Book it !

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Warriors are a soft team.

Dwight would have made all the difference tonight.

That run in the third was a layup line.

Curry can shoot the heck out of the ball but he wasn't getting those looks in the first half.