1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 12/9/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2006.

1. ericmark

ericmark Member

The second is also very possible, if Tracy's shots do not fall.
    I watched the game during my family party, I almost forgot my guests, especially when Tracy was out and 2 centers were injured. thank god, Yao was fine through the game.
    I was also impressed with Head. In 4th quarter, Head had the ball while Rafer was wide open, I just prayed: shoot it, no pass please. He made it. It was great!
    Tracy will be back, trust me.

2. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

tmac needs to do some reverse situps....i had some back spasms a month ago and after it stopped i did some of those to strengthen my lower backand it helped. also he needs to stretch better b4 the game. he had a great game though.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If a bump to the head knocked Mac into gear, think what this'll do for us now! Mark my words, t-Mac will drop 50 on Kobe, Yao will score 35, and between them they'll have 15 assists. Mark it!

4. sfayner

sfayner Member

It looked like Tracy almost hurt his back on the alley-oop from Rafer in the first quarter. He landed funny. Sometimes, the pain from an injury doesn't show up until later.

5. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I don't think is hating. The thing we want to see is can he have this same type of performance against the Spurs. A true dominant center dominates no matter what competition he faces.

6. swilkins

swilkins Member

Yao is the most dominant player in the NBA, but has a potty mouth. :D

7. scutmb

scutmb Member

Spurs? Do you know a few years back,Yao dropped how many points on Ducan and Robinson?

8. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

That's cool but I want to see him do that against the physical defenses that give him trouble. The ones that shut him down in the second half. That's what he's going to see in the playoffs. This has to be overcome before the rockets have any chance at championship.

9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

It wasn't 38 11 6

10. HoustonHuoJian

11. Mordo

Mordo Member

How much was it?

12. skywater

skywater Member

[​IMG]

Yao: You are fooled.

Arenas: I can score 30-40 points every night.

T-Mac: But to tell the truth,it takes Five. That's why we still won the game when i was out.

13. LCII

LCII Member

lol clever use of that 'It takes 5ive' commercial. and the wizards jersey still looks horrendous in cartoon form

14. blender

blender Member

Yao definitely did what he was supposed to do. Throughout the fourth quarter, especially after Ethan Thomas left the game, the Wizards were double/triple teaming him to no avail.

He dominated weaker centers when he had to. Plus, he looked very fresh for the second leg of a back-to-back in a game where the opponent centers were physical with him throughout. Nothing bad about his performance tonight.

15. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

It was similar to that baseline J against the Dullazz Maveshiiittricks(http://www.nba.com/games/20061104/DALHOU/boxscore.mlt it was against the mavs right?

16. bejezuz

bejezuz Member

Thanks for translating! Quick question though, why doesn't Yao have a nose?

17. Mack

Mack Member

Was that his 29/17 game?

I'm not sure I heard correctly because I was on the phone, but Bill Worrell and Matt Bullard were interviewing Yao after the game. Yao said something like he has already been watching tape of Andrew Bynum in anticipation of the Lakers game. That's dedication, watching tape of your opponent's backup center :eek: :eek:

Bill Worrell also said something about Yao working hard on his baseline moves so he could beat double teams. I hope I heard correctly. I would really like to see more of his jump hooks on the right baseline.

18. bestgao

bestgao Member

I heard that after Chuck Hayes was shocked last year, he got some supernatual power like those guys in "Heros".
    When he was fouled out tonight, he was so pissed that he only played so little, so he used his power to damage some lights. That caused the delay of the game for like more than 10 mins which gave Yao a much needed rest, and that's why Yao was so fresh in the 4th quarter.
    So next time, don't mess with Chucky!!! :cool:

19. robywang

robywang Member

So a "true dominant center" should dominate against TD ...
    can someone refresh my memory how Yao performed in his rookie season against TD and DR twin tower?

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

ROFL... nice little theory there! :D

That electric shock story is going to follow him forever. :)

I am sure JVG letting him foul out of the game so early was to teach him a lesson (I only hope it works)