1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 11/20/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Thats crazy…

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Why? 10 teams each Conference. We aren't West anyway.

3. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

I was referring to the FT discrepancy lol

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The Houston Rockets, losing streak busters of the early NBA season.

Once we lost two winnable games in LA I did not think this team would turn around and get a win against GS. Most players still too young/inexperienced but at least the games are closer due to better coaching.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

But I do think a better backup big would help.

mac_got_this likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

California is hardly a state tbh. More like a US Territory.

And it took some crazy shots and 5 on 8 BS for them (3-teams) to beat the Rockets. A Rockets team that doesn’t quite have an identity, especially on the road.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jalen's defense has been vastly improved this year though and I disagree, scorer is very much a profession in the nba. Guys like Dame and Irving don't play good defense either lol.

YOLO likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If you want to turn your brain off that's on you.

And for the record, I was in the exact opposite position on Jalen until this year. But I like to think and not get married to a narrative. But you do you.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When will it result in wins?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I missed the game, but the box score stats make it look like our starting backcourt lost the game. Jalen looks bad all around, and FVV had a bad shooting game. Also looks like our 3-point defense was non-existent.

What were the other big takeaways?

cryout75 likes this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Member

Sengun is an up and coming star was a positive takeaway for me.

FVV didn't shoot well...but he had 14 assists and 0 turnovers...he was steady.

Holiday played better than I would have expected off the bench. He got nearly 30 mins of playing time last night.

If Tate can knock down the corner 3, he can absolutely be a part of a winning team.

Haymitch likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Dont know. But it makes future wins more likely.

13. plegus

plegus Member

Dame and Kyrie are wayyyyy more than scorers o_O
    If you hope Jalen to become just a pure scorer AND a cornerstone, not happening.

14. Arkese

Arkese Member

once Ime wised up and had JG ridin pine we almost hit that comeback, maybe next game we start how ime closed....with JG riding that bench

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, all Dame is is a scorer, what you on about?

Dame is an average playmaker at best, a bad defender, all he does is shoot lights out. He's a very one dimensional player but dominates that one dimension.

All Kyrie does is score. He's also an average playmaker at best.

16. plegus

plegus Member

I am not gonna argue Dame and Kyrie because you mentioned 4 skills in total which are suspiciously parallel with 2K

However why on earth would you want him to be a one dimensional basketball player?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm saying Dame is mainly a scorer and Kyrie is as well. I didn't say I wanted him to be a one dimensional player but that's what he needs to be first IMO before he even adds other dimensions to his game.

I brought up those two because you can just bring scoring to the table and be an elite player. Scoring is the main thing after all. I don't think people look at Dame and Kyrie and think they bring all these different things to the table. Kyrie and Dame's main thing is no matter your defense they can score on you, honestly, that's enough in this league.

With that said Green has amazing athleticism that Dame and Kyrie do not and so in theory he should also be a good defender and he's taken a rather huge jump in that area of his game that I don't think gets talked about enough. I don't know if he'll ever be a good playmaker and honestly I'm not sure if I want him to be. I just want him to be a bucket and play defense, if he does that, he'll end up being a great player for a long time.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  18. plegus

plegus Member

Agreed.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Why do you think most people watch sports??? To turn their brain off and relax for a bit. That's the whole freaking point of watching sports. I use my brain for work, to plan my family's future and when I need a break from all the stress that the world offers I turn my brain off and watch sports and just root for the folks that have houston written across their chest regardless of sport.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McGrady, Kobe were players that were scorers that did not shoot top numbers....

Kyrie and Dame I would say are top shooters ...Kyrie better than Dame but Dame shoots those far out of space deep 3s.......(3 pt numbers suggest that heavily)

Kyrie is also a better playmaker than Dame for instance (which is arguable ...Dame better in Pick and Roll and Kyrie is flashier passer) and Jalen Green.

Shooting and scoring from midrange, dunks, layups.......are different IMO.....enhances scoring.

Shooting could be described as an aspect of its own......a criterion......

Jalen Green for example is a top scorer but a below average shooter....not poor but below average for his career.

He scores in other ways......his 3 point shooting comes and goes.

#1120 daywalker02, Nov 22, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2023