1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/12/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2007.

1. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Two problems with that

Snyder- yes he can slash to the basket. He is also a headcase and very mistake prone. He would miss defensive assigments and make the defense even worse. He also can't shoot a lick so that would create problems for our offense.

Spanoulis- The guy sucks offensively period. He could provide energy defensively but also is foul prone. Nobody trusts him offensively. He can't shoot and is turnover prone. He can't get away with the crap he did in europe here. He will be out of the nba next year.

2. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

If JVG would put winning first instead of himself, vspan would be playing and we would be playing better. Rafer just blows too much it's pathetic. Here's hoping JVG doesn't get an extension and we get a real coach for next year.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

On rotations yes, but he would be a big help shutting down the penetration of Barbosa which DESTROYED us tonight.

I am not sure how you can say this and still think Rafer has any value at all, how can the team have any trust in a 35% shooter?

I could not disagree more vehemetly with you here. V-Span has a good future, and everyone will love to play with the guy because he passes the ball and is unselfish. He just needs time to develop, he should have been playing minimally all year to speed up his adjustment period, but unfortunatly we are going to have to wait until next year.

V-Span needs good smart players to pass to, cutter and pickers and rollers....you play a lineup of:

V-Span
    Yao
    Tmac
    Hayes
    Battier

And watch how well V-Span plays...IMHO, his game would be great with those players as they would all be able to catch his passes and take advantage of the table he has set.

DD

4. ham

ham Member

Is it that you hate typing, or is it more that you just don't like supporting your opinions with facts? How is Spanoulis's situation linked to JVG's ego?

5. IC2000

On Rafer- he is a bad player right now. The shots with 20 on the shot clock are ludicrous. He needs to be a backup. The fact that he went under on barbosa was a joke

Vspan will be back in Europe next year. I would almost bet my life on it.

I agree we could have used snyder, at least give him a shot.

6. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Normally I wouldn't draw a picture cause I thought it was self explanatory, but vspan isn't playing out of spite because JVG doesn't like him. Has nothing to do with skill. Rafer blows, but gets 40 mins a game.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That would be stupid as he is signed to a 3 year contract and giving up on a guy after only one year in the league as he is adjusting is incredibly dumb -but if JVG is the coach, I could see him doing it.....because he has never liked him....CD is the one who wanted him and I trust CD's scouting ability far more than JVGs.

If V-Span is sent back to Europe it will only be for one reason...spite..on JVG's part.

This is what boggles me, why would he not even see the court? JVG is strange sometimes...he played JL3 tonight....and the kid played OK, but the biggest problem was Barbosa and Snyder was our best option there....

DD

8. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Can you imagine if JVG coached dirk in his rookie year? Dirk would have been sent back to europe after his rookie year.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

I didnt want to be in the game thread to get drawn to people's conclusions. Decided to watch on my own, what was even watchable of that game....

Rockets displayed little grit and the hustle was lackluster all around...The Suns are in the Rockets heads. They know it, the Suns know it...Rockets played like they were content to only lose by 10, instead of playing with determination to BEAT the Suns.

And they probably can't beat the Suns. At least ACT like you got a chance and have some attack-mindedness. Still, Rockets are a couple players away. Need athletes and scorers against that Suns team...or a much better scheme to slow them down, cuz big Yao besides one big game he had against them really isnt a factor against them.

10. IC2000

Snyder is too mistake prone. In hindsight JVG of course would have used him. But in his head we were in the game and snyder could have done something really dumb and put the game out of reach.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Again a MAJOR issue with JVG...hindsight???? WTF good is that?

Why not make the adjustments on the fly.

Oh, that's right, he can't.

DD

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

I love the Rockets.

13. skywater

skywater Member

We would lose every game against Suns with Rafer and Luther :eek:

They are Just the 6th and 7th man of Suns.

How to beat Suns? Not feed Yao.

Just Post their guards !! Even hayes can kill barbosa with his post skills.

We need Battier bonzi and Snyder to post their guards.

14. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Member

That's the sorriest excuse I've ever heard to acquire a player for help, then leave him rotting on the bench half the season.
    If JVG has a problem with perfection maybe he should check his coaching strategies.

15. eaglewu

eaglewu Member

I know all the blame will come to Alston if we lose. Just remember he only miss one more shot than T-Mac if T-Mac also shoot 14 times.

It's the team problem when we match with Suns, please don't blame individual especially someone say want to replace him with Span. Span is not better than Alston in any circumstance. Whoever want to play Span in this season is totally blindmind.

16. Rockets111

Rockets111 Member

That's pretty much it, in a nutshell. Our name should not even be mentioned with the Dallas and Phoenix's. I love Van Gundy as a defensive coach, but offensively, he is outdated. He makes no adjustments and doesn't know how to mix it up. And our personnel suggests that we should be nothing more than a "good" team. We have one superstar (Yao), one great offensive supporter (TMac), and the rest are one-dimensional role players who have no variety or flow to their offensive games. Would I want to get rid of Van Gundy? No. The man is a defensive genius, and defense ultimately wins rings. But we seriously need to abort our personnel and start over. TMac, Yao, Battier, and Rafer should all be keepers. We need more athleticism and depth in the frontcourt, a quicker 1 who can penetrate and shoot, and some athletic wings who can defend like hell and get to the basket (someone like a Josh Howard). We have NO versatility or athleticism on offense. THAT, and that alone, is the reason we won't go further than the second round in the playoffs--because we don't have the speed or athletic ability to compete and make adjustments.

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

Second night of a back to back one in which we had to travel to play a healthy phoenix suns team in their building...Not an easy task...

Yao looked bad tonight. He was completely out of sync.
    If you thought he was 100 percent back before, think again...He still has a couple of more games before he's back completely.

Tmac did not play his best game either...He looked sluggish, and he showed poor shot selection at times...I'm not worried about him though..He just needs a day off.

Something needs to be done about our PG situation or Rafer has to play better...One or the other.

Pick it up Rockets...It's almost playoff time...Back to backs are tough,but I felt like we could have played much better tonight.

18. Rockets111

Rockets111 Member

Van Gundy has a problem with idiots who make stupid plays and can't grasp his schemes. He's not exactly asking for perfection, just for a sign of life every now and then.

19. skywater

skywater Member

Never try to beat Suns by Shooting :eek:

We must work our way to the basket.

Snyder/Bonzi/Battier and whoever could do that on Barbosa or bell.

But never believe that Luther/Rafer could beat Nash/barbosa by shooting 3. :mad:

20. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

Good to know man...

:cool: