1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/28/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2022.

1. conquistador#11

I thought Segun played very well defensively in the first half. He made Jokic shoot some uncomfortable shots, no one could clear the boards on the misses.
    Second half, Sengun over helps trying to defend the paint leaving Joker wide open for a three. 19 for Joker.
    . Sengun's offensive 'off arm foul', he was pushing away Jokics hand checking arm. Other end, Jokic does the elbows to the back on the spin, no offensive foul called. Sengun blocking call, I thought that was the correct overturn, Joker shoots freebies. 4th foul on Sengun, Bruiser Bruno is going to come in and be Ray Lewis with a basketball right? Not so fast, Joker goes on a 10 pt spree. Silas did nothing to counter how the Nuggets adjusted. They went back to me ball with the guards. At one point, Gordon was out there with blow out line up and I'm thinking they're keeping Gordon around for this ish.

I hear rim protector rim protector but 2 Mutombos could be out there and the other team goes off on the perimeter.

#1061 conquistador#11, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  2. heypartner

heypartner Member

Here it is, when Jokic says we should play more through Sengun

3. TimDuncanDonaut

As far as defense, 1st half; both teams scored with ease. But 2nd half they opened it up.

I mean you guys watched the game right. Jokic, as dominant as he was; was also getting the light touch calls at home. And we know on the other end, there was at least one bogus one on Sengun. When Bruno and Garuba were in the game; it wasn't like those guys had more success on Jokic or DeAndre.

If we're honest, Their 2nd unit out-played our goon squad last night. (which is rare)

Murray also got off; do people also blame Sengun's defense? With hindsight, team should have played him more tightly, maybe even trapped him some. As Hollins said out loud; Murray was looking more to score than pass.

Out of their big scoring two: Murray and Jokic got off. With our two leading scoring punches: Sengun and Green, one was snuffed. They put Bruce Brown on Jalen Green, and Green went 5 of 15. That tipped the scale. Doesn't mean Jalen is bad; just as he play more pesky defenders, hopefully he can learn, adapt and elevate his game. For the record, Jalen was attacking the basket, Refs also swallowed the whistle on some possessions.

side rant: If people talk about ref's bias of giving calls to rookie/sophmores: 4 of 5 our starters are young guys; so lot of these calls won't be called. Jalen gets wacked. 2nd unit, there was a blatant one where Gary couldn't land his 3pt shot... etc. Bunch of non calls. If and when Gordon leaves, it'll be 5 of 5 young guys where Ref's will give their bias. They do this during momentum runs; then once garbage time, they even it out and give calls back to us; so final box score looks clean. It's tough to argue, because our team is bottom 3; so reputation is an uphill battle.​

#1063 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 29, 2022
  4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We waived the white flag way too early. Gotta give the starters a chance in the 4th to try and make a comeback. Looked like straight up tanking

xlr817 and aaquaa like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Don't really get a chance to watch Rockets games these days, so I try to catch highlights.

Does Sengun become Eric Gordon and look extra exasperated every time a ref calls a foul on him, or is it just me? Seems like after every change of possession that Sengun is involved in, he just throws up his hands and has a confused look towards the officials.

gfab-babyboi, HP3 and aaquaa like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

What does this guy know? Silas is much more accomplished than him because he's been in the league longer.

Moar KPJ!

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and Tfor3 like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The first half was very fun to watch.

Dude - the refs were calling some bs on Alpi. He gets so frustrated

You should watch the game

Ankara1923, xlr817 and aaquaa like this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He also needs to develop that little jump shot from the FT/paint. He never hits that. or a tear drop/floater. He is too skilled not to be deadly from that area.

9. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

He used to shoot it more often, and in Euroball he was shooting fadeaways. I genuinely believe we've seen less passing, less playmaking, less "flashy" plays, less attempts to expand his game because of the threat of losing minutes. He just wants to play. I'd rather see Sengun with 3 tos a game without the threat of benching. Right now, he relies on footwork and fakes to get to his hook. I would love to see him add the fade, the one legged fade he did a few times last year, and the teardrop as he continues improving his outside shot. But these young guys can't be worried about getting benched.

10. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Can't tell if this is sarcasm, low self esteem, or just genuine ignorance. But that reply was a little heavy handed, right? I made a comment about a basketball player, it's not like I talked **** about your mother or something. Sorry for sharing an opinion. Hope you have a good day bro.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We literally look like an AAU team when we aren't playing through him. Surely this isn't even a debate at this point?

Ankara1923 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He does, and he's complimentary of the young Sengun. I agree with him, we should play through Alperen much more than we do. That's on the coaching staff, of course.

Jokic speaks at some length in Serbian to a reporter from there. I tried closed captioning that part in hopes of seeing Joker's comments in English. No dice. The caption repeatably read, "music." So Joker, besides being an elite basketball player, is a musician.

Ankara1923 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

so silver's masterplan is to use the refs to not call fouls for the rockets, which would ultimately hurt the rockets as they try to win games? imagine if they got to the line more, they would have more competitive games thus less chance to tank

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

youre good you!

Ankara1923 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

one of my buddies is fluent in serbian
    its was just some fluffspeak about taking games serious, opinions and jokes on soccer mundial, eg watching together with his 2 trainers from brasil..... nothing of significance...

Ankara1923 and Deckard like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

silas and 95% of this forum will forget all this in 7 days...as they go about their way and continue cracking wemby jokes...LOL

Ankara1923 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah this isnt a good idea...averaging what? 7-8 shots a game to waste half of it launching 3s hes gonna just ruin his flow and rhythm and hell be good for nothing...

only when he starts averaging 15 or more shots he should be taking lumps

he should have spent last year half the season in g league launching 10-15 3s and midrangers a game if the plan was to teach him to shoot

you cant learn to shoot while playing 6 or 12 minutes a night and averaging 3-4 shots on those nights

@Ankara1923
    @LeDakota
    @aaquaa
    @DreamShook
    @PeterKingX
    @AroundTheWorld
    @J.R.
    @tinman
    @harold bingo
    @ExTxGS
    @conquistador#11
    @CHAMPBOY

aaquaa likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

FIXED IT FOR YOU buddy!

member yanis nba champion? poor from 3pt and he even won 2 MVPs plus finals MVP

member jimmy butler the bricker layer who has beaten hargod and biid 3pt snipers?

member cp3 who beat lebron and AD in PO playing on one hand not even shooting 3s?

get hydrated and update your understanding of the game accordingly!

#1078 hakeem94, Nov 29, 2022
    Ankara1923 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol he already is a THREAT BEHIND THE PERIMETER and you cant leave him wide open...

you dont have to be a good 3 pt shooter if you have handles and are crafty as alpi...

if they sag off of him then he just drives and hes at the rim in 2 dribbles and one spin...its how yanis thrives..its just that yanis uses his physicality and lenght to get to the rim and alpi uses his craftiness

heres a good example
    these possesions ( and many more) have ended in layups
    pay attention... go to highlights you have timemarks here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and LeDakota like this.
  20. i3artow i3aller