1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 1/5/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. rockyao

rockyao Member

When is Chase back? I think Lakers know what we are made of. should be exciting.

3. Yak

Yak Member

Tough game, but the Lakers have been struggling lately.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Artest is out, and Cbud back we got this.

DD

5. Codman

Codman Member

I think Ron-Ron was planning on coming back for this one...coincidence? Haha.

Tough game to win in L.A.

Rockets by 2.

6. hello2

hello2 Member

Cbud will be back against the Knicks on the 9th.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Where did you hear that? Morey said on the radio they hoped he was back for the Lakers.

DD

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Chase will be back when the Rockets return home.. No McGrady, No Yao, Ariza bricking almost everytime he shoots = Lost. Mind me in LA where the refs cheat. Kobe is playing.. Hmmmmm David vs. Goliath ( even tho David won ) this is going to be an ugly lost

9. hello2

hello2 Member

Bill Worrell stated it during the Mavericks game on December 31st.

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

Very difficult to win in LA twice in 1 season. I wonder when the last time that happened was?

11. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Hope we win, but =/

12. BK219

BK219 Member

The Lakers have been struggling recently, so the way I see it, one of two things could happen. They could either continue to struggle and enable us to come up with the win, or they could take their frustration out on us, which would make it a tough matchup. In any case I think it's going to be a great game to watch and if a few things go the way we need them to we can pull it out.

13. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Love the Laker games.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Rockets 101
    Fakers 96

¡VAMOS, ROCKETS!!!! :mad:

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Toss-up...

Could be a really close game or a blow out (both ways actually)?

I don't really think is about slowing Kobe down too much, but the production from their bigs. If we slow them down (and punch them in mouth on offense with aggressive play and limiting their rebounding), like the Cavs or Suns did (or what we did in the first two games), we can come away with another victory in Staples. It does help matters though, to let Kobe shot 23 to 35+ times and have him shot under 50%.

While on the other hand, if it turns into a high scoring affair, I believe we could score with them, until late in the game. That's when it gets antsy. Refs...Can't Buy Bucket...Kobe Magic...Turnovers.

It's like it is another regular season game, but if we win . . . it sort of makes a very solid playoff team (who have beaten the Lakers twice) at home. Most teams (even elite ones) don't do that to any defending champion in any sport, except baseball. It would also show any team we get in the playoffs, if we make, that the Rockets aren't going be an easy 7 game series.

Another game for the Lakers, but another big game for the Rockets as Scola would say.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Bill at times is so out of it, its not even funny

Rockets 98
    Lakers 89
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

PS. Lakers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

-RB

17. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Gasol left the Mavericks game at the half with a bothered hamstring, will be re-evaluated tommorow. Maybe we will get lucky and both Artest and Gasol will be out Wednesday.

18. jsonic6

jsonic6 Member

This is a must watch game... Freak'n excited. It'll be real tough. Not gonna lie. Should be close. Real close... Rox by 2.

19. PeppermintCandy

Associated Press reports Artest could play against the Rockets.

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Ron Artest(notes) could rejoin the Los Angeles Lakers early this week after missing five games following a fall at his home on Christmas night.

Coach Phil Jackson said Sunday night that Artest has been cleared to practice without restrictions Monday. He went through a no-contact practice Saturday and participated in the team’s shootaround before Sunday night’s game against Dallas.

If Artest practices without problems, Jackson said he could return Tuesday night at home against his former team Houston.

“It’s up to them,” Artest said. “It’s not comfortable, but you’re never 100 percent. I got the staples out today. My head was swollen, so that’s better.”

Artest fell at home on Dec. 25, causing a concussion, a deep cut on his left elbow and a slight loss of memory.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...8vLYF?slug=ap-lakers-artest&prov=ap&type=lgns

20. Jordan16Htown

Jordan16Htown Member

Just dont play That sorry guy on our team and we win... oh year his name is david.....(lets trade him with T-mac) :grin: :grin: :cool: ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.