1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/4/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dorsey is -22.6 having played 3 minutes in 2 games

2. saleem

saleem Member

I do hope that Jones will give his all against Bosh, and give us a pleasant surprise.
    Go Rockets!

3. saleem

saleem Member

Perhaps giving him extended minutes will help him gain confidence.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not that confident....He was essentially the 15th man with a contract and Black was way outplaying him in preseason without any experience in the NBA.

And Black is essentially a 2 ppg and 2 boards a player now, maybe he can post a 6-6 on the whole season and we would call it a success.

We can only hold out till we get that veteran PF/C.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Can't play the way we played last night if we want to pull this one out. It's time we step on the gas and not let up for a whole game, not let teams get back into it only to need some hot outside shooting and or Harden to go nuts to win it every single game.

6. Aleron

Aleron Member

double digit wins are hardly rescue wins, and honestly hot outside shooting is relative, philly's %'s were better than ours.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't think we can beat them on the 2nd night of a back-to-back and at their arena. They're really good right now and I can see their guards and Bosh going off, they have really good matchups against us.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Behind Bosh's 26 pts and 11 boards... Wade is way behind in scoring although he does other things like dishing, rebounding and going for steals.

16 ppg, Deng 15 ppg and Rio 13 ppg

Their bench like ours is not really frightening so I hope Canaan and Terry can come off the bench providing some much needed offense.
    Time for Kostas to have another good game too while not letting up on the defensive end

I hope Beverley is playing

9. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I am usually a pessimist when it comes to sport but I have this gut feeling we are going to come out with a win.

Admittedly, I haven't watched any of the Heat games but, Bosh aside, none of their players really pose a consistent offensive threat. Wade's corpse might show up every few games, Deng, Rio and Williams are nothing to fear.

Having said that, the Bosh match up will probably determine the game. Jones can't guard quality PF's. Howard could take him but Bosh would just camp on the perimeter which would limit Dwight's presence in the paint. I reckon if TJ is getting lit up early, we should be proactive and change the match up. Maybe D-Mo might be more effective defensively.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

BTW I noticed both PPat and Chuckster had 0 points apiece against the Heat the other game.

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Expecting a loss on this one but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Need Jones to have a breakout game. Throw D-Mo or Kostas on Bosh if need be. Ariza on Wade to keep him limited.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

I am in favor of playing Dorsey until Bosh gets hurt, and never again.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Looking for Harden to shine and make his shots at a rest and efficient percentage, while getting to the line. And Dwight to dominate.

Hope Bev can play tonight and Ariza keeps his hot shooting. And Jones has to provide something against Bosh.

Should be a fun game! Go Rockets!

14. saleem

saleem Member

Haha, good one!

15. bmd

bmd Member

I'm not defending Dorsey's play, but that -22.6 might not be his fault. He's only gotten minutes with the end of the bench players in the final minutes of blowout wins.

16. saleem

saleem Member

Please inform CH about Ppat's performance.

17. count_dough-ku

I predict a loss. It's the 3rd game in 4 nights against a good team in an arena that has not been kind to the Rockets. It would help if we got Bev back tonight and Dwight stays out of foul trouble, but I think the Heat will take this one.*

*BTW, I will gladly eat crow if the Rockets win.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

terrence jones finna show the world he's the best LH PF in the league. :eek:

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

102-91 Rockets

Rockets play amazing 1st half. Miami goes on run in 3rd quarter. Hangs around all 4th quarter with the hack a Dwight to put team away.

If Pat plays, PAT has sensational game.

TJONES - 19 pts/14 reb

20. chandlerbang21

Rockets will lose . the starters played to many minutes last night in Philly