1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 12/27/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2022.

1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

I think only in Boston

2. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Honestly sengun should have gotten more minutes .. why does he continue to be rested too long ? Like come on Silas

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well everything was all good for a half.

ramotadab and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  4. Ancient Moabite

Nah its plenty of pale pink red ruddy skin (misnomer as 'white') fanatics all throughout the NBA arenas, Boston included

burlesk and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

These threads have truly been a cess pool of toxic negativity and I only quickly check the last few pages. This game was on a back-to-back to a team that went to the Finals, look and play like a contender, with several All-Stars, length, great defensive players and you guys cannot see we were still in it until a few minutes left in the game? We fought, battled, made some mistakes and just got beaten by a better team. Plain and simple, no need to overanalyze or place blame. I was impressed we were able to hang with them for so long, so I enjoyed this loss. Hard fought losses are the best anyway this year, for the most part.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

predraft hype for almost 2 years told me every day he gonna dominate nba

Amel likes this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Not gonna lie, if we had Harden we would’ve beaten the overrated Celtics.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Celtics shot 56 threes….. lol

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

These guys need to listen to opposing team announcers. They are way more favorable to the Rockets and the talent in this team than most posters here. It's odd.

I basically only watch opposing team feeds mainly because I'm just curious of what their thoughts are from a neutral non fan perspective and you don't know how many times opposing announcers like the Celtics are saying this team has legit talent that can contend in a few years. Past two games the things the opposing announcers said about Green is extremely high praise.

Listen to podcasts from sources like Ringer, SI, the Athletic etc and multiple times I've heard NBa analysts say we are "the most fun bad team". I've listened to l neutral analysts say the organization has nailed the last two drafts and basically have went 4/4 (Green, Sengun, Bari, Tari) in nailing selections.

burlesk, ramotadab, DreamR and 5 others like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The idea there's nothing to analyze and that "we just got beaten" is probably the explanation for most of the terrible posts on clutchfans.

If people weren't stupid, there would be less toxicity. Be the change you want to see dude.

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This is why the average person thinks Silas actually has an offense.

14. j@amc

j@amc Member

This was a much better effort, but they are the Celtics.

The player tracking numbers show Houston had much more juice/energy than some of our earlier losses this year, which I take as a positive. And it's a big plus for KPJ to play a game against the Celtics with zero turnovers. As much criticism as he draws, we should give KPJ a nod when he does well.

But there's so much work to do on defense...

The Rockets give up at least fifteen preventable, uncontested shots a game. The Celtic's offense generated 72 uncontested looks (and they made 30 of those). That means almost 30 percent of the time; there's zero defense. The Rockets would be closer to the league average if they could get in the film room and bring that number down. If you look around at other games, the league average for uncontested looks is 50 to 55.

And it would be helpful if we could make uncontested shots. We moved the ball well enough to get 60 open looks ourselves. But we only made twenty-two of those (36.7%).

Small missteps lead to huge defensive breakdowns and missing open shots. These are two of the biggest, most frustrating signs of being a young team.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, was about thinking the same and then Harden and Biid lost to the lowly rated Porzingis led Wizards.

VanityHalfBlack and Roomba like this.
  16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

This is the response of nitwits who think all we do is Iso

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I didnt think we did that badly considering:
    1) b2b game
    2) on the road
    3) vs arguably the best team in the NBA.

TyTy had a breakout game as well.
    Sure hope putting a small on Alps doesn't become ongoing kryptonite for him.

burlesk and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  18. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

The guards couldn't get him the ball on half of those entry passes. Plus, that small just happens to be the DPOY. I'm not worried

burlesk and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Since it worked for Boston, its a safe bet other teams will try a similar strategy.

So I think we will have more opportunities to see if this becomes a problem or not.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I also find it difficult. I've been posting a lot less in the game threads, in particular, because it's killing my vibe. I have been very happy with the Rockets this season. Our second year players are all taking the right steps forward. Hell, I had damn near given up on Garuba and he's starting to look like the next PJ Tucker.

Last year it felt like damn near every game was a blow out loss. This year, yeah, we're losing nearly as often, but the games feel much more competitive most nights. That's a step forward even if the record doesn't show it. And, frankly, it's the best way for us to take a step forward right now with guys like Wemby and Scoot up for grabs. I really think if you're disappointed about the way the Rockets are performing right now it's because your expectations were unreasonable and you have nobody to blame for that but yourself.

I think next year is when we'll compete for the play-in and I'm excited about that, but I don't even think it's guaranteed we'll make the play-in next year even if we draft Wemby and pick up some solid free agents. And many people here seemed convinced we'd do that this year. It still blows my mind.