1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. All the guys need to own this loss.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey was never against the midrange shot. It's all about who's shooting it.

3. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lin played like ****

But

Bev did nothing but take up space in the last 10 min

And

Gave up 25

So why does bev play 40 min.?

4. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Whoops, my bad, I thought u we're blaming Lin for that last minute supposed TO

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

you're.

irony. it stings.

7. calcium

calcium Member

If not for that bogus tech on DHoward early on, it'd be all over, red rover.

8. chandlerbang21

Rockets need a coach with a real game plan

9. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Member

Not :mad:

10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Yeah Lin F'ud up at the end of reg, if the officiating was doing what it should do that would have been side out Rockets end of game. We will get an appology again and it doesn't mean ****, there has to be a challenge mechansim in this game now bevcuase this series clearly shows that the officiating is playing a huge role in changes the dynamics of and the outcomes of games. Just like in NFL a coach should be able to challenge 3 times a half because they are using the technology to fix other issues like techs this stuff needs to change and the fans have to lead that charge to the commissioner otherwise it will be status quo.

Also, Lin saved our asses last game after Harden did a Harden and pretty much would have lost the game had it not been for Lin and Daniels

Again, this team had a 10 point advantage most of the entire game and flat out fell apart so while it sucks that the refs absolutley ****ed us again, the team as a whole has only itself to blame PERIOD. Awfull offensive execution in the 4th and OT, some awful defense down the stretch in the 3rd and 4th, and some absolutley AWFUL TOs that would have been the difference and this is what ya got. Sad very, very, very, sad....

11. Andrew Wiggins

This. Always trade for heart and champs. Always.
    Response:
    All the money was on houston, both spread and line. Then the they give a couple of bad calls to houston and call every foul for us for 1 half to make it look like we are gonna blow them out. At the half everyone puts more money on houston AND switches their bets. The blazers end up covering the spread on a no call. You have to say at some point, gee, maybe andrew and an ex nba ref are right. The rockets are playing 5v8.

12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

McHale and Lin have got to go.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Oh sweet sweet irony.

14. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Go to bed already. No one wants to hear your opinions bonehead.

15. jms99

jms99 Member

Don't even bring parsons into this when all the losses are only on Lin.

16. Clarinetmonster

Wow, delusion much? I didn't see the game and it sounds like Lin had a horrible game - but if you really believe what you're saying - oh my. The problems on this team start WAY deeper than Lin (or any one player for that matter) on this team. Not championship ready regardless of lineup McHale throws out there.

17. Githman

Githman Member

Funny about Lin. Totally erratic. Just thinking that he wasn't a point in college, DAntoni let him freelance (success), Woodson didn't (boring), McHale probably didn't teach or let him do anything (chaos). Seems like his role is constantly shifting with SG, PG, defense, 4th quarter offense, bench spark. Pretty big changes in two years. He isn't good and I think he doesn't think well with his role pretty much undefined. PG means thinking of all the factors; matchups, time, spacing, plays. The other roles? All over the place and very little responsibility. Hope the coaching changes for the team's best interest. Sucks that Howard knows his role and played well. Everyone else? Personally, don't like what their roles 'are'. Promotes bad D, blame game and selfishness.

18. SPBR

SPBR Member

McHale was right there. Why didn't he protest the missed out of bounds call? Pop or Thibs would've been all over it.

19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think we had way too many turnovers as a team. I remember Chauncey Billups saying one time that as a player you should only have 1 turnover per game maybe. I have to agree with Morey, I think that we will win game 5 but I just am not sure that we will be able to win 3 straight games to get to the next round. My heart tells me we can pull it out still but my mind says differently. Also McHale does not run plays. He never has and he never will. That is not the way he coaches. I wish it were otherwise but that is just the way it is.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Did Mo Williams step out of bounds while saving the ball with 30 seconds in the 4th??? <a href="http://t.co/p1wfTuVEw8">pic.twitter.com/p1wfTuVEw8</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Thigpen (@willshire01) <a href="https://twitter.com/willshire01/statuses/460649099612545024">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>