1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/29/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2024.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Love seeing all of our 21 and under squad play so well! Crazy to think how young all of these guys still are. Tari get back soon!

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Both sides equally bad. It's not like Jalen haters downplay anytime he does good by bringing up bad games (your last sentence supports that) most people have made up their minds in him and his play is not going to change most of the people's opinion.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Next 3 picks after him were whitmore, jaquez, podz

4. pippsux

pippsux Member

Who knew Jabari was our lucky charm?

Ancient Moabite and IBTL like this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

fify

Ancient Moabite and kubli9 like this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

That youngster lineup of

Amen
    Green
    Cam
    Bari
    Sengun

Was a joy to watch. Not good enough yet as a group but it was a brief glimpse of a potential and exciting future.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I want to see this group get some time together every game to build chemistry, even if it's only like half a quarter. Also variations with Tari when he returns.

9. Ancient Moabite

This is the dynamic duo I want to see more of, this is what I meant when I said once Green catches up to Sengun consistent wise they will be a prob

With everybody else still contributing at high level, of course they won't get 135 every game, but 115 should be reachable especially if the bench can come in and stretch/maintain leads

Stephen_A likes this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

11. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

jack wagon

ezgif-4-fc3d3ec5d0.gif

Zen Tabak likes this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Why should you be able to appreciate his good games? Seriously. All you do is b**** and moan about him. You consistently attack anyone who lightly defends him. Then, when he starts doing better, your tone suddenly softens.

How about you be consistent with your trolling.

14. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

You realize what you wrote is BS, don't you?
    A hater or troll would go on dissing Jalen however he played.
    DS shows he's fair by giving Jalen props when he plays well.
    And you're offended by that?

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With the Lakers whining about losing and Lebron leading the charge there look for refs to be hard on us upcoming games.

NBA media whining that we play 'too' physical and so for the next few games I bet we get called for more ticky tacky nonsense calls because the wittle Lakers were pushed around and didn't like it!

AuburnRocket, ramotadab and JumpMan like this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm really happy Jalen has played well the past four games, but the four games before that he was shooting 37.7% from the field and 8.3% from three.

That's kind of his season in a microcosm, he'll turn in a good game or three, then go on a long stretch where half the games are godawful and half are below average.

Take a look at Jalen's game log--look at the GmSc (Game Score) column which is a statistic summarizing the player's overall performance that game. Higher is better. Negative scores are bad. Very bad.

Now compare it with Sengun's. I'm not setting the two against each other, I don't care about that infighting crap of pitting teammates against each other, I'm just using Sengun as an example of a more consistent player.

We already know Jalen can have great games. The question is whether he can start improving his consistency. Start having them more often, and having a lot fewer garbage fire games. One nice four game stretch doesn't answer that. Going to need to see more of this before I start really believing in him again. But hey, at least he's finally cracked the door back open.

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

LOL. Absolute nonsense. There is a massive difference between criticism and trolling. I have criticized Jalen on many occasions. What DS does is trolling because it has no intellectual critique. There is no acknowledgment that Jalen can improve. And he goes after anyone who deigns to defend Jalen.

In short, you can't post "Can Jalen go back to the G League?" last week, then now post, "Whaa! Why are people mean to me about Jalen???"

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/jalen-green-is-back.314233/page-17#post-15040896

By the way, in that thread, I posted a chart comparing Jalen's stats to Poole's. That is constructive criticism in that it is comparing a player's current production in a statistical way. it's not just throwing baseless personal barbs. And I am extremely happy when Jalen does well, whereas DS just seems annoyed.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If any Rocket player had gone off on a ref like that, he surely would have gotten a technical.

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-12-fouls-and-penalties/

4D chess... Lebron wants to accumulate his 16th technical to load manage but Silver's refs won't allow it.

[​IMG]

ramotadab and Ancient Moabite like this.