1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

lol. Lin can make a few passes to the post as well? the PG position is MORE than making passes to the post my friend.

Rockets got lucky. hopefully, they will be better prepared next game. 2 point win is not a great win against the new york bricks

2. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Was an ugly win. Alot of people just b****ing about Lin getting benched in the fourth quarter but other than that we pulled through.

Two MVPs for us today though
    1) Harden with 37 pts (10/19), 7 rebs, 6 assists and some coldblooded shots.
    2) Jr Smith for being Jr Smith.

3. bws

bws Member

Those 2 points were a gift. Udrich or whatever his name is fouling Brooks with the game tied. Really bone-head foul.

4. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Guys have to know how to get through the fire; and that comes only through experience and through playing through the ups and downs of a season, and each game. What McHale did was a confidence destroyer, and a copout. If Lin really is a long-term piece to this team then he can't be benched every time he makes a mistake.

5. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

b****ing? way to be friendly on CLutch fans.

But to your point. This game is not a good indicator of things to come. The Kings loss, the barely held win against a tired Bricks team. I don't see great things for this team. I love Parsons, and Howard. Harden can be a BOSS as you have emphatically put it in your screen ID. But there are holes on this team. something needs to change, or else there is no way we compete against the thunder, Pacers, Heat, or Spurs

6. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Our ball movement sucked. Our body movement sucked. Our energy sucked. Harden was awesome. Same as always.

The big question is then...can Harden, by himself, beat OKC and the Clippers come playoff time?

7. yummyhawtsauce

absolutely. Lin is being treated like a rookie or 3rd stringer, as if he is not allowed to make any mistakes at all. I really wonder though if Lin wants out, or will want to stay with Rockets and play through this.

8. redearth

redearth Member

Unfair treatment, personal vendettas, and double standards against Lin? Seriously?

Here's how I see McHale's treatment of Lin. He's being treated like the professional basketball player that he is. Lin's job is to help the team win in whatever manner his coach and his teammates ask of him.

Irrespective of the on-court results, Lin continues to respond with dedication and hard word. However coach McHale chooses to use Lin has nothing to do with any agenda, except to prove that this Rockets roster is a winner.

And tonight, we won. Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  9. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

Strained something, really? Maybe if you woulda watched the game you woulda realized Howard was in foul trouble the entire game and McFail decided to ride d-mo in the 4th…..strained something :rolleyes:

10. yummyhawtsauce

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It amazes me that people can't objectively look at the roster and see that there is NO ONE behind Harden and Parsons worth a crap to replace them when they are doing bad. It is THE biggest reasons those 2 continue to see game after game at or near 40 minutes played. We are stocked with PGs, our PF is a constant merry-go-round with whoever is hot and obviously when Asik is available there is absolutely no need for Dwight to play a ton.

Of course this is ignored over and over and over and is all put on McHales inability to "control" Harden and I guess just plays favorites with Parsons. It's ridiculous.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Night and day difference in the GARM when Howard gets benched the whole 4th quarter and the Rockets win, and Lin gets benched in the 4th quarter and the Rockets win.

13. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Obviously there are flaws but WE, like I mean the fans, can't do anything about it, just discuss it. I can appreciate what the team is doing right and criticize what it is doing wrong. But you are right I hope the teams comes out of the slump, especially the bench.

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Howard was playing poorly the entire game; he had back spasms, DMO had all of a sudden turned into Super DMo, and the Rockets were on a huge rally with the second unit. Also Dwight REQUESTED that DMo stay in. Totally different situation.

15. timyeung

timyeung Member

Sorry, but I have watched every Rockets game for the last two seasons and I stand by my opinion that Harden and Parsons have a much longer leash for mistakes with McHale.

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Don't kid yourself: it's infinitely long.

17. MonKing

MonKing Member

Exactly. If I was just starting to watch the Rockets I would think they were getting ready to cut Lin outright from the team.

That drama aside, there is a bigger problem with the team here. They nearly lost a game they should have had well in hand, and would have done so if the Knicks weren't more determined to lose.

18. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

My thoughts

Why is everyone's britches in a bunch over Lin sitting the 4th? McHale went with his gut and it paid off with a win. Sure the game was close, but at least McHale recognized he needed to switch up the defense and made the adjustments. Granted, the win was barely a win and felt more like they squeaked by (thanks J.R!), but it's still a win and hopefully something to build upon. People posting about whether Lin wants to stay a Rocket/force a trade, calm yourself down. I highly doubt that Lin is going to pull an Asik, and IF he pulls an Asik he's most likely going to end up in the same situation. Most teams already have a decent PG or are unwilling to meet Morey's high asking prices. And please don't say trade him to the Lakers, as they are the team that most people want him to go to but have virtually no assets that are attractive. When did being a Rockets become so divisive. They won tonight, end of story.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol I just laid out the primary reason why your opinion is true. It's not bias, it's not favoritism, it's not racism, it's not hatred. It's the ability for the coach to recognize that there is no chance in hell the backups for our 2 and 3 give us any sort of chance. The other positions have at the very least viable options or in the 4 spots case no one who consistently has grabbed hold of the position.