1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/11/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 10, 2012.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Celtics announcer sounds like he's commentating it drunkedly from a Boston bar.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

To be fair to the Rockets, the Jazz commentators did say that this is the best they have looked all season long. Part of that was the Rockets fault, but the Jazz did shoot lights out, and protect the paint with extreme effort.

Still... the vets on this team should feel embarrased about this one. Hopefully it will spark a run in the next few games which are so, so, so important to getting in the playoffs.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Joe Johnson gets hammered going in.

"GIMME A BREAKK, THIS IS RIDICULOUS"

Paul Pierce slaps Josh Smith in the face

"GIMME A BREAKK!, TERRRIBLE!!"

he's literally screaming with his New England accent.

4. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Member

What ****ing channel are they playing on Dish Network?? Ch 447 says it's not available on my area but I don't see any other channels that they are playing on.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

To add insult to injury look who won in the Knicks Vs. Bucks game... The Bucks had that game won, and blew it in the end. Major suck.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

This night makes you want to drink yourself to sleep, and I don't even drink.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Not at all.

The rockets shot bad, it happens. seasons not over, it's now a dog fight between Houston, Utah and Denver. We play Denver on Saturday and Sunday, so everything will probably come down the last couple of games. The Rockets have been playing well lately, tonight was just a bad night.

Rockets shot 4-20 from 3pt range. If we shoot 8-20 then it's an overtime game. When Lee, Bud, and Dragic are all terrible shooting 3 pointers, we are usually going to lose, especially against a team like Utah which has a strong interior defense. I do wonder why McHale left Bud in for so long when he was just ice cold. This was one game I think the Rockets missed Martin, or anyone that could make a 3 pointer.

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

It's on My20.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Not a bad game. We played a little lazy for parts of the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but for the most part, the Jazz just wouldn't miss a goddamned thing, and the Rockets couldn't throw a stone in the ocean.

That's the way it felt to me, at least. And in even better news, Lowry is looking better every day. I think he almost looks 100%.

... I still don't get the Patterson/Scola frontcourt at the end of games, though. Especially when both Lowry and Dragic are already out there, making us a bit undersized in the backcourt.

10. haydenfisher342

We cant have a bad game though. That can cause alot of problems mentally. But If I know my Rockets, we got heart and hustle and hopefully we can look like what the Jazz looked like for the rest of this year

11. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

The Jazz and Spurs make me sick to my stomach

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

-dug too big a hole to climb out of, got close with the Lowry+Dragic combo before running out of energy and luck

-Cold 3 pt shooting (on some open shots) hurt their chances, had a few if then gone in, it is a different game. But then again they were hot on the road so it evens out. If the team had not shot over 50% on 3s vs the Lakers, they could have easily lost that one.

- that said, plenty of mistakes and breakdowns beyond just luck.

- seems the lineups with either Camby or Dalembert just would not work. Maybe a matter of match ups or maybe both are a bit worn down.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Rockets needed this game. They are a try hard team, and they played hard all season to get to where they are. If they have another gear they might be able to win two or three playoff games (assuming they make it). The crowd will be louder during the playoffs, and if they can't learn to feed off that energy then they will get blown out at home like they have in previous playoff games.

Lowry is a champ, Dragic can't catch, spot up, and shoot to save his life. He needs to create his shot or have a clear look and time to set his shot (even those weren't falling tonight). I don't think Dragic deserves more money than Lowry, but with desperate teams in the league like Portland he just might end up getting overpaid.

I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE MARTIN TAKING BUDINGER'S SHOTS/MINUTES.

14. haydenfisher342

Where have you been, hes the WCPW. Hes been shooting lights out

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Tonight and the next game are playoff intensity games with playoff atmospheres. Dragic did it once before against the Spurs years ago. Should be interesting to see how he responds on Friday.

The Suns lost to the Grizz tonight which is the outcome I preferred if the Rockets lost. It will be a scrappy game.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Read his post again.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I think he's referring to him playing off the ball. I agree that he needs to have the ball in his hands to create.

If they play Lowry & Dragic together, whoever has the slower man on them should be creating off the dribble. Tonight, Lowry had Tinsley on him down the stretch, so it wasnt a terrible call to have the ball in his hands.

Dragic can play off the ball, but he's not going to break down the defense if he's just standing in the corner. Same goes with Martin & Bud, so thats why Lowry/Dragic is often the backcourt going late in games.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can't win games if you don't make shots.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

I will say this, the refs didn't help Utah out this game. We got the good end of the officiating for a change. We just couldn't hit a shot to save our lives and the defense in the first quarter was godawful.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Utah did a great job of contesting anything in the paint, we really needed our 3ball tonight, if the team shot it's lusual percentage I think they win.

Dang...losing to Utah at home sucks donkey nads.

DD