1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 11/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2014.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

DMo is starting to irritate me

2. NotChandlerParsons

I gave up on him last season. I don't have a problem with him personally, I'm sure he's a nice, hardworking guy. He's just a bust and I'd rather he wasn't taking up a roster spot. It happens.

3. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Member

Sat a couple of rows behind Danny Ainge. He and Morey sat together and talked for quite a while before the game. Daryl moved away after tip and Danny was visibly frustrated throughout the half. He left his seat at halftime and didn't return.

Overall it was a great game experience. The team looks serious about winning.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Dwight Howard hurts other knee in home opener

Just a couple weeks after dealing with a swollen sore left knee, Rockets center Dwight Howard is now having a similar issue with his right knee.

In the first quarter of the Rockets home opener win over Boston on Saturday night, Howard said he either bumped knees or was kicked by another player and his knee immediately swelled up. He stayed in the game and played 33 minutes total but said the soreness did not subside.

“This hurt pretty bad but we have a really good training staff,” Howard said. “They do a good job and hopefully it’s not serious. I bumped the other knee a couple of weeks ago and this one I guess this knee felt lonely so he wanted some pain too. But hopefully it will be healed up in a couple of days and I will be able to play.”

After going through some medical treatment after the game on Saturday, Howard said the swelling had gone down and that he would evaluate it for the next couple of days. He said it was too early to tell if he would be okay to play in Philadelphia on Monday night.

“Hopefully I can get out there and play but if not, I have full trust in every single one of my teammates that we will get the job done,” Howard said.[/rQUOTEr]

5. cdrive

cdrive Member

if Howard can shake off this knee in time for Spurs and Tiago splitter is still out with a back issue, then we have a good chance to roll San Antonio

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

This season he's 35th, in between Kelly Olynyk and Tyler Zeller.

7. Time Out

Time Out Member

This is my first post on clutchfans and given that iam Greek and a Olympiakos supporter which is Paps former Bb club u might feel iam bias when it comes to Paps skills strengths or weaknesses but I will try my best to remain as objective as I can..
    First of all I think that Peja, who started his pro career in greece with PAOK saloniki and did so for 4 years, had only 1 think in common with Pap and that was being a SF but thats where the similarities end..his shot accuracy from behind the arc or fthrow line is something that Pap can't match during a whole saisson given the same amount of attempts I don't think, but thats where his BBIQ u guys talk so much about will come into play..if he feels hot he will go for it but if not he will try to get his teammates involved handing his attempts over to guys that are on a roll that night which may look he is scared to take but he feels might serve the team better in the long run which leads us to his assists and team first and everything attitude.. I won't talk about Delfino because I don't know much about him except that he is an outstanding 3p shooter which I noticed first at the Olympics in 2008 where he together with ginobili killed greece in the quarterfinals of the tournament winning the game for Argentina by 2points shooting I think 7/9 for 3p..
    Peja on the otherhand I followed thoroughly and I always thought highly of him but even back then in the late 90s his game was clearly programed to get as many shots off as possible either creating them himself or getting assistance to do so pure shooter/scorer...Pap has the arsenal to be more, his overall play is allready more varied with assists rebounds steals and blocks being part of his repertoire while relying completely on his instincts and IQ without any physical tools to be worth talking about.
    Last I think that what he lacks are all thinks that can be taught in the gym both on court with more games under his belt building experience and knowhow reducing jitters and overconfidence and off court where building a NBA proof body during the saisson will see him greatly improve his D and stamina chasing top SF around the league will make him the best kept t not so secret come play off time..
    I really believe in him and so should u guys since the RoX went for broke to sign a relative nobody given not many of u knew what to expect for your buck..
    Sorry for the loooooong reply I promise I cut it way shorter next time..
    RED OR DEAD OLYMPIAKOS & ROX

3 people like this.
  8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The only thing that I found annoying was letting the Celtics get closer and not end up with a 20+ blowout. Also, how come freaking Nick J can get in the game and Garcia cannot?

9. Classic

Classic Member

Welcome to the board and thanks for posting

10. dc rock

dc rock Member

[​IMG]

Howard needs knee pads like Dream.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale needs to pull a Popp and rest a couple of the starters including Dwight on Monday. I think Jones and Harden along with Papa can handle the Sixers because we have the Heat the very next day.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Last night was a reminder of how entertaining Harden can be. Yeah, he flops and flails, but he pulls out some spectacular drives and passes.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/528957117961895937">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Member

We luv em.:)

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

Howard needs more touches than he got so far.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jL2ogxrsiKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TNxaq6RKYnM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He flails, he doesn't flop and it is only when he is actually hit so that the blind refs actually get the call right. Why does complimenting Harden always come with conditions and caveats Eff you Lowe!! You're no better than ESPN, lol.

18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Uy5rz1cft5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Garcia's looked far too comfortable in his tracksuit on the bench!
    Glad Nick J finally saw some minutes, but yeah agree about the Garcia comment.

20. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q4OxurFCHJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Full highlight didnt see it upload it