1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 11/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2014.

1. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Google it

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

Oh no. Whoever this is Harden went out to celebrate after a win. No one cares as long as the team is winning. Let the man have a personal life TMZ. If only reading the bible equates to wins...

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, if it was his thigh or something that was sore. It's a knee. When things start swelling up in his knees that's not always just nothing. I guess the one thing to be positive about is he hasn't had major knee injuries so there is that.

I'll be paranoid until I see him dunking back on the court.

4. saleem

saleem Member

Good to see Canaan having a good game. I am surprised that Rondo didn't have a big game against him. I still think Garcia should be traded or waived. Will Bynum should take his place.

5. maczmina

maczmina Member

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

filthy block from black...

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Canaan had 9 pts and Rondo had 4 pts.

Both have seen better days with Rondo still doing his thing with asts and rbs.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

Tjones currently has a PER that would of been 7th in the league last year

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Taking care of business, so far this team looks great.

DD

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Just worried about Howard's health issues ... of course, it could be because he worked out heavily this summer

11. saleem

saleem Member

I didn't expect more than that at best, from Canaan. Rondo did get assists and rebounds, but I expected him to get 15-16 points.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not know about Will Bynum because I want Jose Calderon, underrated passer and very good shooter if we cannot make a trade for Rondo.

Calderon is easily more suited to play in the NBA than Rubio at this point (Both being Spaniards)

13. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Wasn't saying it to condemn harden. It was more of a "cool story bro" post. Looked like he enjoyed himself I was excited to see him

14. saleem

saleem Member

Bynum is a plug in who can be obtainable. The only concern that I have about Jose Calderon is his poor defense.

15. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Celtics were definitely outclassed last night. Tjones looked better than I expected him to be. Cannan did a great job on Rondo I thought Rondo would have got his tonight. Assists and rebounds were there but needed some scoring from him. Houston has an exciting team

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rondo also had 5 TOs. Not sure if due to good Canaan defense, but that's a high total for only 8 asts.

17. RocketsANewAge

Rockets Beat Celtics 104-90 in Home Season Opener

Great home season opener win for the Rox. We dominated the Celtics on both ends of the court from tip off, & we never let up. This was the best our team has played all-around so far this season, which was a really welcome surprise because I wasn't sure how the Rox would play without our lil' defensive warrior Pat Bev. I was impressed by the Rox defensive intensity. We need to bring that every game. Our superstars Howard & Harden were their usual superstar selves. The "active" Jones showed up tonight, and he looked damn good on both ends of the court finishing with a double-double, 25 points, 10 rebounds, & 2 blocks. Jones bounced back from his "spurty" performance in Utah. McHale joked about Jones' Utah performance after the game saying "Thank goodness he got spurty in that Utah game because he was about to spurt over by me on the bench." Well, there was nothing spurty about Jones' play against the Celtics, & I think it's fair to say that Jones wasn't in any danger of spurting over by McHale on the bench the way he played against Boston. Lol. Hopefully, Howard's knee injury isn't serious & Bev will be back out on the court for the Rox soon. Rockets have held the first three opponents they played this season to 90, 93, & 90 points respectively. That shows a big defensive improvement over last season. Keep up the good work, Rox. Rockets are now 3-0. It'll be interesting to see how far we can take our undefeated streak this season. Next up, our Rox are @ Philly. Go Rox! Beat the 76ers!

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Defensively I'm impressed, Harden and company play great though Howard has been dissappointing. Offensively, still so many problems but we can keep building.

19. chandlerbang21

Rondo can't score from outside the paint so he is ineffective with Dwight or jones waiting on him

20. chandlerbang21

Calderon is black hole on defense and we don't need that being in the west. Bynum can shoot and defend