1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets @ 1/18/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Member

Giannis's game is more Lebron than Durant. He just looks more like Durant because he's skinny and long. His game reminds me a lot of early 20's Lebron.

saleem, malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't really think it matters. Rockets are a better team at this point. He doesn't do anything for this team and would be at the end of the bench just like Ennis is

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

Were those James' player editions from last year? If so, goddam those are ugly.

4. count_dough-ku

Dekker could still develop into that guy. I still think we need one more backcourt player. Especially given how fragile Bev is.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

About what we should expect from a guy who was a notorious chucker with average at best efficiency and a 3 point shot that isn't up to snub for what we are doing.

We knew we were short a PG at the time, maybe we could have found a better 3rd PG but it probably would have cost us more than Beasley.

6. JeremyLin7

JeremyLin7 Member

Yup! Only 100 in the world!

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i respect your humbleness but half of our shots are 3s ....you got to have a lot people who can do it...particularly when we see it almost every night , if our shots are falling we win if not we most probably lose...
    it is ridiculous to rely so much on 3pt shot when half the game you have only 3 guys in the line up who can hit it with consistency...
    then you have ennis, brew, bobby brown, wiltjer who just waste space on the bench or deserve sitting on the bench
    i can live with dekker and trezz not being able to hit 3s(perhaps they will develop 3pt shot) but cmon the only difference between this and the last season is we having better shooters...

this is SO CLEAR TO SEE...if so get us the better shooters...this is the only way to unlock harden more...hes not gonna start playing better defense suddenly

8. tochiee22

tochiee22 Member

Did anyone catch that scuffle during the Ralph Sampson ball toss...?? That was epic. Couldn't really see, but I did see Simone catch it then someone else snatched it and when he was running away they pulled his shirt and ripped it lol

9. rockets13champs

Note to Les lower the prices to the rockets vs warriors games so it can be sold out!! I want a crazy atmosphere loud!! We must be playoffs type loud

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

game is already pretty much sold out. Only seats available are the last rows in the nosebleeds behind the goals

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I mean I get what your saying but we are 33-13 through the first 45 games so I would say that we sef have enough shooters.

I would love to add more but every team would. The rockets have more than any team not named GS and maybe the Cavs although I still like ours more as a whole.

Shots fall and they don't that's the name of the game but remember we have been without our third best 3pt shooter in Anderson the last 3 games and also Gordon was hurt and in a slump for 5 games before last night.

The rockets are fine it's the middle of the season everyone is tired and waiting for the break. The Spurs have lost just as many games as we have this month.

Iv seen enough of this team. I'm waiting I judge them fully in the playoffs but they have shown me enough to were I think they can clearly beat anyone in the NBA and should not be dismissed in the playoffs and Imo should be favored over everyone but the Warriors.

Like Kevin Mchale said the other night. Nobody wants to play houston in the playoffs. I'm sure deep down inside Mchale still wants to the rockets to do well. It's still largely a lot of the guys that he coached.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

Thats cool that theyre collectible and all, and that you got your hands on one out of only 100, but goddam those are ugly.

Did James say anything about it?

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

It's like we traded straight up at the lunch table a bag of chips for a wad of gum from under the table
    Just sayin'

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it's cool you don't like it but it's highly sought after shoe. they're just a clean all white crazy light boost he wore before he got his signature

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You don't overreact like that after every loss. Now the ones that I'm talking be doing the most and only come out only during a loss.

Lol

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps you're right but this is what people said last year, our offense is good, we need better d, or we need playmakers etc.... but imho this is too complex of a task... the easiest path is get more/better shooters, especially because the best one ones you have are of fragile health history and if we had more nor injuries nor shooting slumps would affect us... gordon wouldnt have had to shoot 17 shots(3-17) when he was cold (miami game) and you wouldnt even need to risk him playing half injured if you had others that can shoot

it would be best to keep these guys and harrell and sam to develop 3 pt shot but something has to be done because we lose to bottom dwellers when the shots are not falling(miami, minny), this is how much dependant we are of 3 pt shot...you got to have appropriate personnel for the system youre implementing, you can not win if you depend on ennis dekker and brewer for floor spacing

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody is depending on them for floor spacing. the rockets depend on them to play their roles which is primarily hussle for dekker and brewer. And at the same time, be able to take what the defense gives them in spot minutes.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont forget their role is also to shoot 3 ..and they cant do it...
    yes we depend on them to space floor for harden, when they are on the floor defenses collapse on james and then hes inefficient and turnover prone

we shoot historic number of 3s the greatest number of 3s in NBA dont tell me brewer and dekker are players suitable for the taks

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's actually not. it's their job to take it if they're completely open but that's not the first option. If both those guys are being guarded like how teams guard Roberson or Rubio, they should be shooting every time but that's not what is happening. Guys like Ryno, Ariza, EG, Bev are the ones who have roles of truly shooting the 3.

Again no they don't depend on those two to space the floor. They depend on them at this point to hussle and provide balance. Not stand on the 3 pt line to shoot 3's

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont tell me hustle brought us to 3rd best record in NBA , its shooting and good shooting primarily by Rhyno and Gordon enabling ariza and bev to take better 3pt shots unlike last year

and because dekker and brewer cant shoot 3pt oftentimes Harden Ryno, Ariza, EG, Bev are forced to take bad 3 pointers because we can not create an open look due to defenses helping off of dekk and brew
    yes they do depend on them for spacing, game is dynamic, and defenses blitz/collapse on ballhandler or penetrator often because they can help off of them...

when you shoot 3s so much you got to have good 3pt shooters this is how you unlock harden for gods sake when 3s are not falling we can not beat the worst NBA teams like miami , minny etc

we have pathetic 3pt shooters considering the fact that we are being so dependable on 3 pt shot