1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/13/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Memphis
    http://www.clutchcity.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=317

Game Chat Starts At 7:00pm
    http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

ClutchCity.net Previous Recap: Rockets 103, Kings 96
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=316

<B>Note:</B> It's tougher to find audio links online since the NBA has cracked down on radio stations playing the games on the web, but if there are good radio links for the game, please post them here or communicate them in the chat room.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

I wonder who they are gonna throw on Yao defensively? Pau Gasol? Stromile Swift? The whole darn team? :D

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Probably Lorenzen Wright and Pau Gasol. This could be a big game for Yao!

But the Rockets better not take the Grizz lightly, they seem much better under Hubie.

And we get to see a pretty good rookie in Gooden for the first time.

4. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Gooden is a super talented player...but that guy really needs to learn to pass. Watch, everytime he gets the ball within 15 ft of the basket, he's shooting it. He's no Yinka Dare, but he still doesn't pass very often within that range.

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

108-89 ROCKETS

YAO AND FRANCHISE DOMINATE while Gooden and Pau lead the Grizzlies...to losing.

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This is the kind of game that the Rockets usually lose. They beat a great team, everyone is feeling good, then they expect an easy win to just come to them, and they lose on the road to a horrid team. Tomorrow, we will find out if the Rockets have truly matured. They should win the next three games, and they should win easily. The Grizzlies on the road, the Clippers at home, and the Heat on the road should be three 20+ blowouts. Let's see if the Rockets can bring the right attitude, and pound these teams.

I predict that the Rockets will lose a close game tomorrow. They will be very lackluster on the defensive end, and only toss up jumpers on the offensive end. The Rockets will take the Grizz lightly, and lose a game that should be a rout.

95-91, Grizz.

7. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

My sentiments exactly. Kinda worried when we play a poor team because of that. Except they didn't have Ming in the seven years that set up that pattern. I predict we have a double digit lead in the fourth, lose it due to Mooch and win the game anyways.

8. feishen

feishen Member

This will be a good game. Rox cant take Griz lightly at their home. Lakers lost to Warriors the other night. Those bottom teams are tricky. Rox should never give them a grip of the game, should beat them all the way down from begining. They will give up in the 4th that way. It is also interesting to see Gooden and Ming play against each other. We can see who has more impact. Ming should take this game as an important race to lock the ROY title.

9. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

I am sure Rudy will emphasize the fact that the Grizz have won 3 in row and they beats us 3-1 last year.

Rockets also should pay attention to Drew Gooden. He errupted for 4 3-ptrs yesterday matching the total for the previous 20 or so games.

Grizz however allow over 100 pts while scoring 94.

Rockets will win 102-98.

10. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Well, don't wanna jinx anything, heh heh, but so far this year, we've won ALMOST all the games we were supposed to, so I don't think this will be too bad of a game for the Rox. Yeah, I'm a little worried considering also that Memphis has won 3 straight (but at least 1 was against a sub-par team - last night - and even in that game they struggled), but I don't think there's reason to be as worried as you two are.

Hopefully it'll at worst be a close win for the Rockets that probably should have been utter destruction.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Don't forget Rockets are hot now. They beat kings,Spurs, 76ers
    at home, a close road lose to Hornets.
    Question is how long this winning steak can go

12. ivan_zhang

ivan_zhang Member

We will win, and we must win.

13. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I agree this is a game we usually lose, but as such it's probably just as important as the Kings game - like Steve says. I feel very good about this team right now, but a good team puts some W's together. It disturbs me that so many posters are talking title contention, when all we proven so far is that we're a very scary team. Give me an impressive winning streak along with the continual improvement and then I'll possibly reevaluate. The last two wins were very sweet considering there were only two of them though.

14. GreatProgrammer

though I still remember last time the Rox lost to L.A. Clippers, and though Rudy T said "I don't know why after the game", but I believe this time will be different, and we will beat them!

15. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a laugher, esp since that means Boki and Hawkins would get to see some PT, even tho Boki doesn't like NBA garbage time.

16. Sane

Sane Member

We're going to win. Francis will have a decent game, Yao will look great early then cool off. Expect a huge game from Mobley and a huge game from any one of our F's, probably Griffin.

Rockets 101
    Grizzlies 97

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If we make the Grizzlies take tough shots,control the boards, pass the ball around and make open shots then I think we will win. I'm worried that they might take Williams and Giricek lightly and let them get hot from the outside.Yao will probably be doubled which can result in more passing from him. I hope that our guards and Rice will get our shots down. I would like to see our guys cut to the basket when Yao is looking to pass the ball.This can result in layup opportunities,and getting to the free throw line more easily.Yao should also look for mismatch opportunities in the low post.
    I expect us to win narrowly but we are such a unpredictable team that I wouldn't be surprised if the Grizzlies won.

18. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets will take the Grizzilies lightly. They play very well against us in the past. Houston had kind of found their passing attack and I think they will continue to dwell on it. I would be afraid of a let down if the Rockets win games on a consistent basis and they already have a great record. This team is still hungry for win so I don't think there will be a let down against lesser oppponents. I am sure Rudy will remind them of how Memphis beat us last year. I expect the Rockets to win by a double figure. Plus now they have a very smart player in Yao that will carried them to victory with his smart play down the stretch.

19. djkickass

djkickass Member

What u guys think about the matchup of Gasol & Ming?

20. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Haha, that's an awful lot of ifs for a game against the Grizzlies. Doing all those things in a game would get us a win against any team...

And I see no reason to believe that we'll take the gaurds lightly. We've been playing good on opposing gaurds lately, so if we take the gaurds lightly, we likely take the whole game likely.

One of the most pessimistic posts I've seen. Come on, Rockets have a better chance of winning then you're giving them. They're not that unreliable...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.