1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity Gathering pt.1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SpaceCity, May 14, 1999.

1. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Well, the Karma paid off. A few of us posters and some various friends got together at Little Woodrow's and willed the Rockets to victory.

On hand from the BBS was myself, RocketMan Tex, 3Pointer and Nynaeve. The place was packed and the energy level was sky-high.

Needless to say, we all had a good time. RMT took plenty of pix and we'll be seeing those pretty soon.

Today, I suffer from a tired throat and a mild hangover! A small price to pay for such a great victory.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I second that emotion!

It was a fun time had by one and all. Space, you may have a mild hangover, but I had a raging one this morning! I just scanned four of the pix and sent them to Clutch...hopefully I did it right and we will see them soon. A definite fun time was had by one and all!!!!

------------------
    HOW SWEET IT WAS (AND COULD BE AGAIN)!!!!!!!!!!

3. 3pointer

3pointer Member

It was so much fun , I also must second spacecity , I had a nice hangover when I woke up but nothing that advil can't take care off. By the way the pics got here so quick it surprised me.
    Hopefully we will be able to do this again Saturday since all our energy put together seemed to work wonders ......U know , is one thing reading the nicknames but when u put a face behind the nickname is different... its actually pretty cool don't you all think so ?

4. You guys must had a helluva of great time! I wish I was there! If I do finaly get to one of those gatherings you can spot me by my Scottie Pippen Jersey.

moestavern19 likes this.
  5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Looks like a great time was had by all!

... being under-aged sucks. [​IMG] But I'll show up at the meetings in a few years!

Great job guys, since the Rocks won, you all must get back together tomorrow. [​IMG]

------------------
    -AntiSonic

WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Kinda funny how the "E-Mail" link at the bottom sends an e-mail to "jeff@clutchcity.net" with the "subject=The Truth"... Clutch, you sure you weren't there?

Or did you just have a party of your own? [​IMG]

No, just kidding... hey AntiSonic brought up a good point. Is there anywhere that the "underagers" and "non-alcohol drinkers" can gather to watch games? I'm of age and I'd like to be in a gathering, but not necessarily in a bar. Any ideas out there?

Is there such a place on the planet? That way the youngin's and those obstaining from "spirits" could also hang out. Hey, maybe even a place that serves beers, but doesn't require you to be 18 or 21 to enter (for the 20 & under crowd... I'm 26). [​IMG]

Ideas?

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Well... I'm underage by a lot of years but I always enjoyed whatching the rockets game while eating Crawfish... (I'm from Beamont) but I live in Oklahoma City.. If we make it to the finals I would be able to come because by then I will be visiting family in Houston but right now I couldn't possibly come... I think there are some Crawfish restuarants that have "Rockets night" on Robinson street... at least thats what I remember...

anyway... Hope we win again!!!!

--Rocketman

8. Jovi

Jovi Member

Let´s meet in German...if you are over 16, you are allowed to enter those bars and drink beer. Although the law says you should be home at midnight, nobody of the owners seems to care...

The only problem would be that they don´t bring the Rockets games here...

------------------
    -Johannes

"Pippen strong like bottle full"
    -Giovanni T.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

So that's why I've been getting all those emails... [​IMG]

I'm with IROC. I hate bars and would'nt mind a gathering somewhere else (when you've been a musician for 15 year, you've smelled enough smoke to make a fireman cry).

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It sounds like at least 3 out of the 4 of you were drunk. Who was driving you guys?

11. RocketMan Tex

The Rockets were driving us. Driving us nuts!!!

------------------

12. RocketMan Tex

The Rockets were driving us. Driving us nuts!!!

------------------

13. TheFreak

So am I to understand that we have drunk drivers right here in this BBS, the same place that was villifying Scottie Pippen for same?

14. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Gosh, you guys should have invited me or Clutch. We'd both make excellent designated drivers.

15. TheFreak

RMT -

I'm not a Bible-toter and I have nothing against drinking (love it in fact), just hypocrisy.

This may not even apply to you.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't recall anyone stating how they got home. There is Metro, a cab, a friend there that might not have been drinking. I don't recall reading any of the posts by the participants saying, "I don't know how I drove home I was so wasted, etc. etc." So I don't see what the big deal is.

Something to start up some controversy out of absolutely nothing I guess.

17. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

I only hit 2 people on the way home... and I only live 3 blocks away!

18. TheFreak

R95 -

Nobody said they DIDN'T drive home. I specifically asked who drove and got no answer.

"Something to start up some controversy out of absolutely nothing I guess."

Exactly. Just like the Pippen incident.

19. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I drove home , how I dont know ?? beats me how I got there and just cause there was some hair stuck to my radiator next day it doensnt mean I hit someone that was probably more drunk then me...... [​IMG] just kidding guys !!!!! I happen to know my limit and if I would have reached it there would have been no way in hell I would have left when I did cause I don't need a DWI so don't worry everything was under control , not only that , the rockets won that day , just the adrenaline alone was enough to take me to my next stop that night... yes I went on and continued parting after I left there , I was in too good a spirit and feeling full of energy so there was no way in hell I was going home. The night was young and lots of fun to be had......

20. RocketMan Tex

Oh Freak...put your bible and copies of "The Watchtower" away and have a drink!!!!!!

------------------