1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers Rob the Bulls.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Puedlfor, Jun 27, 2001.

1. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I think it was a good move; the Bulls sucked. They got 2 good players for 1 good player. In the Bulls lousy shape, I'd do that trade every time.

In a couple of years, they could be really nasty. Remember, they have Bryce Drew!

------------------
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak. Because someday you will have been all of these."

[This message has been edited by RichRocket (edited June 27, 2001).]

2. T-man

T-man Member

I have to disagree about it being a bad trade for Chicago. It will take some time for all of their young big guys to develope, so they won't do much this year. They traded their one good player in Brand. Therefore they are not going to win many games this year, putting them in excellent position to draft Jason Williams next year. Considering it takes about two years for highschoolers to develope and one year playing together with Williams if they win the lottery, They should be one of the better teams in a couple of years.

------------------

3. Digaida

Digaida Member

well they sucked bad anyways. How many wins will they get now, 5? Maybe 8? They are thinking, Curry/Chandler/Fizer for front line. In effect they are thinking why wait till after all star break to tank, start tanking at beginning of season, pick up J. Williams, or the 7'6 center from china......

------------------

4. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I don't think that's it at all. When the Bulls started rebuilding, Krause said he wanted a lottery pick, a top ten pick, at every starting position. He now has that.

------------------

5. tacoma park legend

Apparently most Bulls fans don't agree with you.

Rape!

------------------
    The Smurfs were Communists

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited June 27, 2001).]

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

It seems pretty even to me. I was surprised to see how many liked it. btw -- I saw that before I came here...

------------------

7. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

The thing you have to remember is that, although the Bulls have acquired 2 great young talents in Curry and Chandler, who is going to mentor them and help them grow as players? Brad Miller? PLEASE!! Marcus Fizer? He has problems of his own!!
    The good high school players have had veteran star players mentor them. KG had Googs(when he was good), Kobe had Eddie Jones, Tracy had Vince, Jermaine O'neal had Rasheed on the Blazers and Reggie and Jalen on the Pacers, Rashard has Payton, and Darius has Odom. The only decent player on the Bulls is Ron Mercer! He isn't going to be able to mentor Curry and Chandler very much. Another thing is that their coach, Tim Floyd, is a horrible coach. Curry and Chandler are going to have to rely on themselves if they want to make imprints on this league....

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center

8. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Oops, I posted it twiced.

[This message has been edited by LiLStevie3 (edited June 28, 2001).]

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think most people would agree with me when I state that Brian Skinner is NOT a good player.

I think the Bulls are insane - trading away a PROVEN 20-10 guy (who blocked shots too!) for a rail thin guy who has the potential to be a 20-10 guy.

I don't envy the job of the Bull's management, and I'm not saying that I could make any better decisions, but do they HAVE to keep getting rid of proven players and jumping into the unknown without any life support?

------------------

10. Mango

Mango Member

It is not what they might accomplish in the future with Chandler, it is that the rebuilding plan (Post-Jordan) was poorly drawn and that is why Krause is a joke.

Mango

------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!
    Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.
    Start more Webber threads!

11. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I think the Bulls will make some trades for vets...we'll see.

------------------

12. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

This wouldn't be so bad a trade, if Chandler weren't a center who's too skinny to play in the post and not quick enough, nor with good enough handles to play on the wing.

Other than that he's a star.

Elton + Curry > Curry + Chandler.

It was a gutsy move, but so is sticking your head in an alligators mouth - that doesn't mean its particularly smart.

You just set your self back three years at least.

------------------

13. MoonBus

MoonBus Member

Remember the rumor that Washington/MJ wanted Brand? Taking into the account that David Falk is both MJ & Brand's agent, I just wonder if that scum, Falk, played a factor in this trade decision. Maybe Krause feared that because he wouldn't do the trade with MJ, Falk would convince his client, Brand, not to re-up with the Bulls after next season. Didn't Falk pull this type of scare tactic with some other teams before?

------------------
    15 years later... Zoom

14. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Chandler is projected to be a PF or a SF, not a 5. It's envisioned that he'll be able to play anywhere on the frontline in a few years.

As for setting ourselves back---ask yourself 'back from what'?

We wouldn't have been a serious contender in three years anyway the way we were going, the longer Brand stayed, the more people would believe he was leaving and his trade value would have sunk, and while Brand had some serious production, Chandler just flat out has better tools.

Krause acknowledged that it was a gamble---as do all Bulls fans. But this team has a chance at a bright future, the previous one didn't.

Look for Miller, Mercer and maybe even Artest to disappear over the next year too. Rumors say we're working a three-way to get one of the FA's we missed last season.

------------------

15. JAG

JAG Member

I don't know if you meant to be or not, but that was damn funny!

------------------

16. Mo Diggity Dawg

The Bulls are an example of a team with very stupid management, which in turn limits your free agent signings so you have to win with young players. If something in the front office doesn't change...they will start over again in 2-3 years when they trade Curry and Chandler to make sure they get something for them instead of losing them to free agency.

------------------
    "Basketball is truth, and J-Dub is a lie..." I know basketball and most GM's don't...sometimes the best rooster move is no move at all. What makes your team successful is truly knowing when it's time to make a change and who is the player to help you do it.

17. Vengeance

Vengeance Member

In all honesty, the more and more I think about this trade, the better I feel for Chicago. I still think they got a bit less than they should've, but I really like their lineup for potential. With Curry at center, Fizer at PF and Chandler at SF, they've got a legit team. In the east, Curry could probably step in now and play well since there's no centers there. I think Chandler is the kindof player who may get torched the first time he plays against someone, but he learns VERY quickly, and adjusts accordingly. He isn't ready to play NBA, but I wouldn't count on him taking TOO long to flourish. I still think that if the Bulls had gotten one more player (keyon dooling) it would've been better, but as it is, this is a solid trade. Perhaps they could've shipped a good player with Brand to get Dooling thrown in.

I really think this trade helps both teams. Brand is great, and I'd love to have him here, but he was replaceable. Fizer showed he was a good PF in his time, and he's ready to step in.

gettinbranded, I think in 4 years, you could have one heck of a team!

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

18. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Agreed. One heck of a team in 4 years, a very good team in three, and a good team 2 years from now.

And now they say Fizer may be traded for young established talent to speed the process up. Hmmmmmm.

------------------