1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Quentin Tarantion's 'The Hateful Eight'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jan 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

#1 percicles, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. percicles

So it's a western Reservoir Dogs + Clue. Not bad but feels all to familiar.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I searched online on the torrents. Couldn't find the film.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I believe they are saying just the script got leaked and he has stopped making it... Correct?

I would be mad to! Im a huge Tarantino fan and I look forward to all his films so it's a bummer his project is getting sidelined.

5. VanityHalfBlack

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The conspiracy theory I read on Reddit and find plausible once this news broke:

He wasn't actually pleased with the first draft that he was showing around, and the leak gives him an "out" from having to make a film he wasn't fully behind.

Basically he was putting out "feelers" to see the reactions of those he wanted to star in it, and depending on the feedback he received he'd "go-no-go" production.

I think the fact that he is so pissed that it leaked kind of gives weight to this argument. He is embarrassed that his still-in-draft work he wasn't all that happy with will now be critiqued by internet enthusiasts who say "Yeah, good thing it leaked because it isn't his best work."

TL;DR - If he was really passionate about the project, he'd still make it.

7. percicles

^^Well I read the script and provided a link for it in my original post. There are plenty of rumors floating as to why he's not making it. Within the industry, the theory is he's letting Harvey Weistein's save face after his no more gratuitous violence interview he gave a few days ago. Or that this is just a publicity stunt to get people talking about the film which seems very likely given Weinstein's all press is good press marketing. I'm in the latter camp.

During his Django interviews he made comments about wanting to do something smaller and not so epic as his previous films. This falls within that parameter. 2/3 of the film takes place in a mountain saloon and the other 1/3 in a stagecoach.

Like I said, it really is a western Reservoir Dogs + Clue.

8. percicles

9. what

what Member

Tarantino is been making the same film for years. Pulp Fiction was obviously a genius movie and Jackie Brown was great also, but a lot of tarantino films are the same film re-hashed: Kill Bill, DJango Unchained, Inglourious Basterds: same film basically.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Can you elaborate?

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would assume the movies revolving around revenge. Mixed with large amounts of violence.

I like his movies though, always have.

12. Yonkers

I think that's a pretty broad point to consider as being the same film. I hope he has a better point than that.

13. SexyButIgnorant

I've loved most of Tarantino's movies (favorite being Basterds), but Django didn't do much for me. Found it long and repetitive . Even then, it was still alright. Hoping this is better than his last outing.

14. percicles

They've become very cartoony. His 90s film were grittier and realistic, now not so much if at all.

15. what

what Member

if you are a fan of his films, what does it matter what I think about them?

Revenge is certainly a common thread in all of his films. However, early in his career, in films like Pulp Fiction, revenge was mostly an aspect of the plot, and certainly didn't encompass the entire story line. Pulp Fiction was brilliant because of the multilayering of several story lines.

However, lately in films such as Kill Bill, Django Unchained, and Inglorious Basterds, tarantino is making kill Nazi revenge film, and what happens in the film? Shosanna gathers all of the people she wants revenge againt in a theater and sets it on fire. What happened in Django Unchained? Django blows up the plantation.

{now go ahead proceed with your fanboyness and tell me how I am wrong, etc etc and I don't know what I am talking about and how it's a broad point}

16. Yonkers

Calm the eff down. I just asked you to elaborate. What's your major malfunction, solider?

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

what is about to show the world he's on Ebert's level.

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

How much time do you have?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tarantino sucks because his movies are all the same.

And because his movies have changed too much.

That's what I've learned in this thread.