1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Van Gundy fined $25,000 for criticizing officials

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, Nov 17, 2006.

1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL, but Stern is Jewish. Bad analogy. ;)

2. jlwee

jlwee Member

I would like to see how the referees officiate yao tomorrow! :D

3. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

nba is ****ed up and ****ing david stern go to hell. Yao ming's big long scratch on his left arm is freakin so clear on national tv and stern is still protecting his gayass officials

4. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

so much for freedom of speech...how will the nba officiating improve if it doesnt allow constructive criticism?...i mean...cuts dont appear on yao suddenly...so jvg had a point...the fines should be for the coaches whose criticisms are just pure expletives...

5. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

The difference is: the Rox routed the Heat and its coach was still complaining - that might have irritated the NBA management.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Yeah, I agree. After the Bruce Bowen fiasco, Zeke should be facing a fine too. However, if I was JVG, I would not say another thing to the officials or the media. But I would get me a designated hatchet man and everytime the play got too rough on Yao in the paint, I would send in said player and tell him to push and hack the opponent's big man until either a fight started or it got so out of hand that the officials had to clean it up. And have said hatchet man, if he is going to commit a foul, make it a significant foul. Just mimick what the opponent is doing to Yao, that's it. If you aren't going to use him for anything else, bring in Novak and have him start shoving 7 footers around while they are lifting up and have their arms over their head. Just mimick the contact and either force the officials to call it or let it go.

This reminds me so much of a few years ago when Malone was doing his thing with the knee kicks and foot kicks on his drives in the paint. He was constantly nailing players in the crotch, head, solar plexus, he was like a judo black belt out there. And it was always "accidental". Man, I never did understand Barkley on that one. Of all the players in the league, he had the best opportunity to pull off the mimick job on that one. He should have just plowed down the lane, found Karl, kicked out as hard as he could and looked straight at the rim, and then finish up with the "what happened?" look. Then afterward quote to the media the exact same language that Karl used to describe what happened. "Hey, it was an accidentl That's just the way I play. I don't mean to hurt anyone. I was just doing my thing out there, just going hard to the rim. I'm an aggressive player, and I'm not going to change my style just because a guy gets a few stitches." Somebody out there would pick up on what was going on. League office meeting. Both guys told to stop. End of story. Leg kicks and knee kicks end.

Man, forget talking to the media and the league. They ain't gonna do nothing. Just turn the paint into a gang turf war with the icepick fingernails, and the pushes, hacks, etc. etc. etc. until a riot ensues and they decide to clean it up. We are missing one good. That's one reason I'd be in favor of using the MLE on Reggie Evans. He's got that crazy activity where he can look innocent down there and still tear up jake, pushing, shoving, stomping on toes, using the icepick nails, and so on.

#46 jopatmc, Nov 18, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  7. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

ben gordon's floater is unstoppable. but yao's hook is more deadly :D

8. boby

boby Member

Obviously you never lived in a communist country.
    Communist country will fine you like there is no tomorrow. Put your ass in jail won't do any help to get your money!

9. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

HOW ABOUT THIS ANALOGY:

DAVID STERN IS A NAZI JEW :eek:

OK, MAYBE NAZI IS A STRONG WORD, BUT THIS GUY'S LEADERSHIP IS NOTHING BUT DRACONIAN, AUTHORITARIAN, DICTATORIAL, TYRANNICAL, INTOLERANT, NARROW MINDED, OPPRESSIVE, REPRESSIVE, AND BORDERLINE INSANE.

SOMEBODY SHOULD KNOCK DAVID STERN OFF HIS F**KIN HIGH HORSE. STOMP IN HIS ARROGANT FACE. AND THROW HIS TINY MARSHMALLOW BODY OFF THE TOP OF THE TOYOTA CENTER.

NBA RULES AND OFFICIATING ARE A JOKE, BECAUSE OF DAVID STERN

10. deshen

deshen Member

awful, I just sent a comment on NBA.com

11. Astockmarketgod

well I guess were not just... Rox fans with our own slant on things...

when opposing coaches come out and say Yao gets a raw deal when it comes to fouls...

then I think we have a case...

12. tituspan

tituspan Member

nonono, they either put you in jail then take all ur money or take all your money then put u in jail :p

13. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Member

hang him up with Saddam ?!

14. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

Hope that yaoming will get more respect form the refs, but 25000 is too little, 250000 is suitable :D

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

what does that have to do with the topic? :confused:

16. MONON

MONON Member

But KING DAVID is another story!

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Some of the league's rules & regulations are just horse ****! :mad:

JVG can't even speak his mind w/ out getting a $25K fine? Come on?!?!?!

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I realize Stern is the Anti-Christ, but could we leave religion out of hammerin' the *******? I'm agnostic, and it offends me.

I agree that he's been commish far too long. He's making a joke out of the game. He keeps his job because he makes the owners piles and piles of cash. Time for the chump to move along... like over a cliff.

19. hello2006

hello2006 Member

up,up,up,up,uppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Van gundy, your are a real man.................

(弱弱的问一句:"真男人"英语是不是这么说)

20. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Excellent point.