1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Rox thrilled that Yao is playing the Olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duluth111222, Aug 5, 2008.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

This should shut some of your naysayers up for a good while.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/08/the_yao_question_an_easy_answe.html

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Thrilled? I doubt the Rockets Org. is thrilled especially when he publicly said I'm 60-70% back. Does Yao want to play of course it's for his country and he is very proud of that. What are the Rockets Org going to say the same thing because it would be bad publicity and Les doesn't want to mess with his overseas sponsors now does he. He has lost over 300 million in the US and wants to make it up somewhere.

3. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

They might be ok with it, and even that is pushing it, but t say there thrilled is a laughable notion. offcourse there not thrilled. content might be a better way to describe it.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Oh, yeah. Just like my wife is thrilled when I turn left in front of oncoming traffic.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

what do you want them to say? their relationship with china is very important.

and if you know yao and know the person that he is, you're proud AND thrilled that yao is playing for his country.

but if they HAD to choose, they prefer yao rehab and rest until 100%.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The best way to get in basketball shape is to play in actual basketball games. These Olympic games are getting Yao in shape and ready for next season. Now, Yao should be ready for the season and all that rust would be gone.

7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So if it doesn't float your bloat, just say he's pulling the company line. Yeah, whatever.

Feigen could have said nothing. Why say "thrilled" if they're not at least happy for Yao?

8. csux

csux Rookie

More like "we are not really thrilled, but to appease 1.3billion chinese, we better get some good press and say we are thrilled". ;)

9. kwng

kwng Member

I think Olympics will help Yao to recover to 100% and hence he will come into the camp fully prepared. I expect Yao to be 100% when the season starts and not rusty like last year.

10. killer instinct

I guess none of the TEXANS should practice if you are scared players are getting hurt..... give him a break..... no one seemed to care Dream could've broken his leg in the past Olympics.

11. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

this is a great opportunity for international exposure. will bring more fans and business to the rockets. so i bet they are thrilled. if yao ming lead china to gold, rockets will go banana.

12. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

One blogger from chron.com speaks for the whole Rockets organization. I'm sure Les likes one of his most important depreciable assets depreciating as much as possible, every year.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot the :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

as long as he isn't reinjured.. I say let the games be his warm up for the NBA season. He's been out a while so he needs to build up his stamina

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm sure there's mixed emotions on it.

15. superx

superx Member

It's a meaningless post.
    Will he 100% get injury if he play OLYMPICS,whereas he 100% won't get injury if he doesn't play OLYMPICS?Who knows!
    So,take it easy,don't thrill. ;)

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

whatever.

i'm hoping china and yao get their ass kicked really really bad.

17. lalala902102001

Even if the Rockets are less than thrilled, do you expect them to say that? Talking about PR disasters.

18. Convictedstupid

There is NO WAY the rockets are 'thrilled' for a not-completely-healthy-yao to be playing basketball in the olympics. Why would they want their 60-70% Center to be playing so much and so physically against other teams?

I think China are the ones who are thrilled.

The Rox Org. are keeping their fingers crossed nothing happens too him.

19. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

China will get knocked out early I hope.

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

PR disaster? The Spurs say it to Manu every year.

Who cares? The fact is China has made up Yao's mind that he is going to play.