1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Griffin Back in Jail

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Jul 7, 2005.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3255778

Former Houston Rocket Eddie Griffin will spend 15 days in jail after a judge found Wednesday that he violated his probation by being in a nightclub parking lot.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Griffin, 23, was sentenced to 18 months' probation after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of deadly conduct in March 2004. He originally faced a felony charge of aggravated assault after an October 2003 incident in which he was accused of punching and shooting at a woman who found him in bed with another woman at his southwest Houston mansion.

State District Judge Mike Anderson ordered Griffin to attend outpatient treatment for alcohol abuse, pay a $2,000 fine and avoid places of "disreputable character" as part of his probation.

Recently, however, police listed Griffin, who played for the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, as a witness to a crime in the parking lot of the Roxy club, according to his attorneys Rusty Hardin and Derek Hollingsworth.

The criminal case, which had nothing to do with Griffin, was assigned to Anderson, who noticed Griffin's name in the police report, said Hardin, who added that he did not know if Griffin had been inside the Roxy.

The judge called Griffin, now a free agent, into court Wednesday and offered him 15 days in jail or a hearing on whether he had violated his probation.

Griffin was turned over to Harris County sheriff's deputies Wednesday morning and taken to the county jail. After serving 15 days, he will be able to complete his 18 months of probation.

2. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

oh eddie.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Anybody still want him back....... :D

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

this is not as bad

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He tried to do some shots in the club but missed.

6. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

That sucks having to go to jail for being in the parking lot of a club. I don't know if he is allowed to leave the continental US, but I would be chillin' in Hawaii or somewhere in the Caribbean. Now, he has to go to County, wearing that orange jumpsuit and hanging out with real thugs for 15 days.

7. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Freakin' idiot.

Dude needs to stay the hell away from Houston if he can. He would have been a perfect fit for the late-80s Rockets back in the day when cocaine, guns, and prostitutes were very prevalent.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Maybe I missed it, but what exactly did Eddie do? He was in a parking lot of a club, is that it?

9. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

How dumber can he be?

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Eddie, Hire me as your personal assistant, and I will promise to help you out with this crap moreso than that turd Colin Pine does with Yao... All you have to do is ask, and you too can adjust to a new society and culture as well as Mr. Ming has.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

strike .... how many????

12. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

So if he's in jail for the next 15 days(till July 22, signing day), does this hurt his chances of a big free agent deal? Is he allowed a CELL-phone :p so he can keep in touch with his agent and talk to teams from the slammer? Maybe even receive pictures on it versus actually taking tours of teams' facilities. :rolleyes: :D

13. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

BTW, yes I'd still want him back on the team. Anytime you can get a player like that at veteran's minimum, you do it. He's a little stupid, but still acceptable. And he negotiated his own price waaaaay down.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

this won't be the last time he is in jail..........i'd bet money on it

15. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

HAHA.. Just got to laugh at people like this, they have all the right parts to do great things with their lives and they do nothing buy try to constantly throw it away.. I never feel bad for people like this..

16. PhiSlammaJamma

He skipped his punishment. I have no sympathy here. he should've been at home playing grand theft auto.

17. coma

coma Contributing Member

Why is a nightclub, or it's parking lot, a place of 'disreputable character'?

I take offense to that!

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

The comment about Colin Pine was pathetic and childish. Are you jealous or what ? Grow UP!

19. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

He was given the option of being called before the court and defending himself that he was NOT in the club or spending 15 days in jail and continuing his probation. My guess is he was in the club!!

20. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

He violated his probation by being near the club...
    Life is all about choices and in the end you must reap what you sew...