1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Even Daryl knows Harden has a club addiction. He shouldn't be at the club, he should be at the gym losing more weight. /s

saleem and BigMaloe like this.
  2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Anybody saw this?

source:

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

I assume Ariza won't be traded if he helped recruit CP3?

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mannix: Next star, I have no doubt phone calls have been placed to Indiana. I'm sure they're watching or calling about Carmelo in NY. Who do they have left to deal? Ariza seems like non-starter because of his relationship with Paul & they need him. I don't see a lot of appealing assets. Not assets that would put you in competition with Boston & LA.

Marks: I talked to two teams; that Ryan Anderson contract, teams are looking for two firsts to take Anderson. Now you have Anderson 3 for 60. Good player but not at that money. They took on non-guaranteed contracts that didn't go to LA. Add that up, if you throw Ariza in there, it gets you close to George but you'll have to send out picks. The Rockets sent out a protected 1-3 pick for (years) 2018-2023. It's unprotected in 2024. If you're gonna move anymore picks, you'd have to go back & amend the protection on the pick you sent to LA & give them an unprotected pick to send out more picks because you have a 7-year rule there. I don't know what else you have left. Is Eric Gordon appealing? That's weakens your bench.

Mannix: It's a bold move. As of today, the Rockets are the 3rd best team in the west. Still behind GS & SA. Chemistry takes time to figure out. I don't see them jelling immediately. By the time they do, still firmly behind San Antonio.

Marks: They can't afford a player to get hurt. We'll see in free agency. They do have full MLE & BAE. What can you get there? Who knows where they go from a trade perspective.

Mannix: I respect what the Clippers got back in return. ... I think they'll make a strong commitment to Griffin at 12:01. They're in a decent position to have an expedited rebuild.

Paul Millsap?

Mannix: I don't think Atlanta makes a substansitive offer. I can't see them offering a 5-year deal.

Marks: I don't either. I would be stunned if someone gave him a max. Look at the landscape, who's the team? Not many that have room who are playoff caliber. Have a hard time him making more than $24M-$25M.

Most intriguing FA?

Marks: It's the restricted guys. Pope, Porter, Roberson, Bogdanovic. What teams slap down a big offer sheet? Brooklyn on Pope or Porter? Probably will be the max.

Mannix: Looking at Zach Randolph. He's still productive off the bench. Fizdale is moving away from that style of basketball. Don't think they'll break the bank. If he says I made a bunch of money, maybe I'll latch on to Cleveland or Golden State or Boston. In that capacity as 7th/8th man, he can still be valuable.

Vivi, joshuaao, malakas and 4 others like this.
  5. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

Hands down to Morey(from non big fan of him)I like this trades from many views.We get a star for nothing(all respect to Beverly).Hardens biggest minus as pg are turnovers,with cp3 that will decline a lot.They are both good shooter so they both can (if they want)play together.With less responsibility Harden can focus more on his defense.Im not expecting him to became lockdown guard defender, but at least he can be solid team defender.

6. craguin

craguin Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Awesome job!!!

9. pageC4

pageC4 Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm a long time clippers fan and just joined the forum. I've been a Clippers season ticket holder for over five years, so I have seen over 160 games with Chris Paul. Let me know if you have any questions about him. I can tell you both the good and the bad. I know you guys are excited, but as for clippers fans opinions are divided. On a personal note, I loved the trade. We only got so far with the core we had, so it was time for a change. The package we got allows us to rebuild with young guys like Dekker, a 1st rounder next year, and some contracts we might be able to flip for more picks. The immediate return will certainly favor the Rockets here, but our team is most likely looking to rebuild rather than contend. I'm glad that for the most part each team came away with what will help them make changes.

Os Trigonum, DonKnock, Yung-T and 9 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Acapella with the Paula

[​IMG]

11. saleem

saleem Member

I think Chris Paul might be able to bring some discipline to the team. That may be the biggest gain for us this season.

12. threepointshot3

Only if dose not get shipped to indy

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Welcome and thank you

Rocket River

DonKnock, Yung-T and BigMaloe like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Dek is solid. We love Bev but will struggle heavily without Harden. He still will be great on defense but he's just catch and shoot player. The pick will be worthless. Lol. Best bet is to just tank and draft Michael Porter Jr.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

17. rockpileindisma

O so that's how trading future picks for players works! How long has water been wet? Jkjk bro welcome.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if you're just worried about mileage I'd say don't fret. He and Harden, providing good chemistry, are going to take a little pressure off of each other's shoulders. Probably exactly what will extend Paul's productiveness into his late 30s is accepting the Robin role. Plus he shot 40% from 3 last year....now I hope they let him do his thing, he hits that stop and popper at the free throw line like few others can. But since he's here and he's THAT good from 3, shoot it bro. You can play in this league if you can shoot. The decrepit, rotting, ghost of a corpse of Dirk Nowitski proves that lol...

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

Now we have more legitimate floppers. :D

20. pageC4

pageC4 Member

thanks for the welcome. Your front office is going to be very busy adding the additional pieces to round out this ball club. Its going to be an incredible
    Great to hear about Dek. None of us are really familiar with him, so it's encouraging to hear that about him. Many of us already knew about Beverly. Beverly is not a superstar, but a solid role player that can play great defense and disrupt another team's star, so I'm super excited about getting him. As for the pick, it's not always a guarantee that a pick will work out...picks are always a gamble. However, the reason why we are so excited about it is that Doc Rivers traded away so many of our own picks that this will replenish what we lost because of Doc's bad moves. Now can you draft a superstar in the late 20s? Yes, but is it likely? No. Still, even if the pick turns out to be a role player that can help and bring in some athleticism, then this already panned out. As for tanking, Jerry West hasn't finished all his moves yet.
    We essentially don't know if West is planning a full rebuild, which if he decides so then it will be in our best interest to tank. However, West may still be planning to make moves to keep this team competitive, so we won't know exactly what to do just yet.

Yung-T and malakas like this.