1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul critical of ref Lauren Holtkamp

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BleedRocketsRed, Feb 6, 2015.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

KEVIN DING @KevinDing · 2h 2 hours ago Chris Paul critical of ref Lauren Holtkamp's "terrible" tech on him (and Jordan). Said if she calls that way, "this might not be for her."

I feel like he is probably going to regret that one. I'm sure the NBA will smack him with a big fine and maybe some sort of sensitivity training. Wonder how big the uproar will be.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Obviously he would not have that choice of wording about a male ref.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:12287394&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he's the player union president, a fine sure, but they're not going past that

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

To give a bit of context, Jordan, Doc Rivers and Barnes were also given technicals and she is a rookie ref. I think he meant it as a sexist jab but he could at least argue that she's not competent.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

sure, he's not going to use the term "her" for a male ref, but i'm not convinced he wouldn't say "not for him" given what happened.

What I am certain of is that it wouldn't be an issue for other people if it wasn't a female ref, it's certainly not the first time he's criticized refereeing, and certainly won't be the last, it's also not like he's ever had a go at violet palmer (whose in what? her 17th year?).

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lauren holtkamp is having her kodak moment!

8. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I'm just about done reading Tim Donaghy's book (I know it's old), but it has me watching the refs a lot more closely in games. The book makes the way the game is officiated way more interesting, especially with certain refs that get the call out in the book.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Can't be good for his squeaky clean image

10. Handles

Handles Member

Oh no! Refs never get criticized!

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Sounds like the same thing with Lowry except Paul didn't throw the ball at her. Except Lowrys thing was different.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ironically, the fact that as a rookie ref she has the big balls to T the big names up, means that this is absolutely for her.

OTOH, You know what Chris Paul is definitely not for?

NBA Playoffs.

2 people like this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Clippers were acting like b****es all bias aside. I know I'm a Rockets fan but they really did deserve those techs and all the fouls they got they were playing terrible and crying about every foul they committed. Jordan literally yelled God dammit and taunted an opposing player, knowing that's a tech and then complained about getting the tech for it. He murdered Mozgov on a play and was crying when he got called for a foul they were acting crazy. There's this thing called replay where we can see and hear what you did.

14. Handles

Handles Member

Sometimes we get into this mood as well and I absolutely hate it. As an ex player, I can understand the frustration, but still...not cool to see.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I've seen Josh Smith do it, but it was never as militant as these guys tonight. They would blatantly foul and then looking amazed when they get called for it.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I didn't see the game so don't really want to judge one way or the other. I agree he is gonna get some heat for saying that, but Paul has always been known to be a flopper and a dick punching little punk.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't Grantland just do a piece on her? IIRC she shot up through the referee hierarchy pretty quickly.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I only blame ESPN and reporters from blowing this out of proportion because she is a female ref. It's very sexiest of them to think she can't handle a simple comment like that.

19. cebu

cebu Member

It's about time to spank Paul.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Clips were trying to win with flagrant fouls instead of fundamental D, and got run out of the gym from the get-go. When Lebron plays like Lebron, sheesh, it'd be tough for a composed team to beat him and his; the Clips stood no chance, then got all pissy about it. Weak.