1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh anyone??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rsfranchise2, May 30, 2013.

1. rsfranchise2

rsfranchise2 New Member

There was a segment on ESPN that the Heat would look to trade Chris Bosh next year to avoid the salary cap tax. Do you think we should make a run at him? The Heat need size, we could offer Asik plus/minus Parsons and get it done. If Dwight does not come, this may be a way to get our second star and running mate for Hardin.

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Member

How about we sign Dwight and then trade Asik and Parsons for Bosh... Bosh and Dwight would be a great big men combo, Harden and Lin would look good on the outside and then resign Delfino or Garcia for the 3 spot.

Lin
    Harden
    Garcia
    Bosh
    Howard

Now that`s a championship team... too bad it won`t happen...

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

No. Bad idea

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Perfect fit next to Howard but no to trading Parsons. Offer Asik and a PF or whatever else to make it work.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If Miami can't afford a big three, how will we? And why would they want to cause another big 3 instead of trading him to an irrelevant team.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Because we'd have 2 of the big 3 in their first year of max contract.

Always easier to afford a big 3 in the first years of their max deals. We'd have the big 3 under 50mill, giving over $20m to 'flesh out' the squad (Lin takes 8.3, so really it's $12m+)

The shame in losing Parsons would be the value he brings to a team that has a big 3! Namely, he is so cheap!

7. choujie

choujie Member

Pat Riley is not that stupid.

8. basketballholic

No to Bosh. Let's just sign Dwight and trade TRob/pick/DMo for Cody Zeller.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am a Lin homer but I would rather trade away Lin than Asik or Parsons as of late.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Do not want Bosh, who likes to shoot outside and can rebound only if the ball came to him. A superstar PF should be able to get more than 6.8 rebounds a night. Unless Dwight came along with him, say no to Chrissy.

12. parksn306

parksn306 Member

Have you been watching the Pacers series? Think Bosh has long been an overrated player.

13. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

yeah i agree parksn. He looks awful... seriously. He doesn't grab any boards, doesn't make many shots. I don't see why you would even bother with such an awful PF and highly paid one too.

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

This should have been the thread, instead of that s***ty idea I just read.

15. Raven

Raven Member

It's unbelievable how many people look for any excuse to trade Parsons, a guy on perhaps the best NBA contract with sky high potential.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

except he doesn't have high potential. All he can do is improve his shooting which he did since his rookie year. What else can he work on that will drastically make him better?

17. meh

meh Member

His "best contract" last for 2 more years. Then he just becomes a normal contract. Which in Morey's mind is a bad contract. Remember, Morey's philosophy is to fill a roster with rookies, max players, and undervalued players who can outplay their contracts(Lowry, Dragic, Asik, Lin should he reach his potential). Parsons in 2 years would be making exactly market value, unless he becomes a star in which case he'd be paid max.

18. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I feel like we made our push for Bosh a couple of years ago and he didnt want to come here, so I dont want him here. Cars full of fans drove down to meet him in Florida if I recall correctly because they were told he was going to be there and he ended up being in Dallas where Morey took a flight and met with him.

We finally have a superstar in DH who actually wants to be here and has privately expressed interest, let's focus on him vs. guys who we pursued in the past and didnt want to come. Plus, if we're talking about 'bosh-types', I'd much rather us make a move for Pau who at this stage in his career coming off a bad season may be easier to get....

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

They should dump Wade but they won't.

20. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Yes please to the Bosh and Howard idea.