1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley: "4 elite teams in the West". Guess which team isn't included?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 26, 2015.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

I agree with your analysis with the exception of the Mavs. I have them missing the playoffs entirely with the Lakers. Also, I think Barkley doesn't believe in the Rockets because even though they made the WCF last year, there are still questions about Howard's seriousness in winning a title. He went MIA during the last game of the WCF and that just left a bad taste in a lot of folks' mouth.

2. Kash

Kash Member

He's not qualified to give basketball insight, in my opinion. Obviously he's played the game, but a lot of his stuff have a hidden agenda behind it; he's still salty towards Houston -- let him be. Ringless loser...

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

1 - say what? seriousness about winning a title? based on what? the fact he isn't an ******* like Kobe? There are things I don't like about Dwight. In no way do I think he isn't putting it all out there because he just doesn't quite care to the level he should. that's moronic.

2 - He didn't go MIA during the last game. In fact, of the 5 games, it was his second highest game score (basketball reference stat). 18/16 with 4 blocks. He wasn't hitting from the field.

I think it might be a valid criticism to say about Dwight you aren't sure about his health, and you aren't sure if he can really be that 2nd start on a team anymore, much less the first. Fortunately, if Lawson can be last year or last two years Lawson offensively, Dwight can bring it to the tune of 15/12/2 a night and absolutely be that player, with a defense first mentality.

And this is from someone who things Dwight is way overvalued on the team, from the perspective of how much cap space he takes up to the production he provides.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

who have you been watching? cause it definitely hasn't been Howard. You likely are speaking only for yourself here.

5. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Perhaps you didn't realize that Dwight played through the WCFs with a badly damaged knee after Josh Smith crashed into it in game 1? That didn't come out until recently.

6. T_Man

T_Man Member

Tonight showed why they were not considered as one of the 4 Elite teams...

They have a big hole at the 4 and they need to learn how to play as a team.

T_Man

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

They're missing their entire front court actually. I want to see this team with Dwight and DMo before determining if a trade is necessary.

8. Zboy

Zboy Member

Barkley is right.

My fair rating:

Top 4 in the West:

Spurs - Te biggest question with them is the health. If they are healthy when the playoffs roll, they are the favourites.

Warriors - I would have the Warriors on top if not for Kwahi's ability to contain Curry. And the Spurs have the bigs to hurt the Warriors where you can hurt them the most.

OKC - If the big three is healthy, they are among top 3.

Clippers - They got better simply by dropping Barnes. Pierce even at this age is better than Barnes. Griffin will be even better this year. I think Doc is going to get the most out of Lance. If everything clicks, this Clippers team can play with the best.

Next 2:

Rockets - A big hole at the PF and probably the worst defensive back court duo keeps this team out of the top 4 slot. The Rockets team as it is, is not beating the other 4 teams in a best of 7 series.

Grizzlies - While they will not have the offense of the Rockets, their defense is going to be better than the Rockets.

The rest:

Pelicans - Davis.

The rest.....honestly I dont care about.

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

welcome back brother

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

I know Barkey rates the Clippers as elite, I'm not ready to say that. That bench is nothing special, although Pierce can definitely give them the spark that nobody could in the series against us.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

So, still think Barkley is a fool for saying what he said? We are not elite, even if we beat Miami & OKC. Those teams are just on a different level. OKC has Westbrook and Durant who do not need FTs to get 40+ points and can get it whenever they want. Curry and the Warriors can toy with us and still win by 20. Duncan and Aldridge will MURDER our front court and their old guys look sharp and ow yeah, they have Kahwi who can guard opposing teams best players. Clippers would pick us apart right now as well.

12. verysimplejason

Same with Grizzlies... they've got 2 great frontcourt and defensive backcourt to boot. They just need a little bit of consistency to contend unlike the Rockets. McHale's not doing anything to alleviate the team's headaches.

13. chandlerbang21

Best bench in the league not special :confused:

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So far Barkley is right on the money.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

They are missing E-F-F-O-R-T.

Just look lazy Harden.

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

2 out of 82 game season. Still a longggggg time to go.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Best bench in the league? Not even close. I'd rank the Spurs, OKC, Warriors, our own if everybody's healthy and McHale plays them and probably some others over the Clippers bench. Timberwolves might even have a better one.

18. SunsRocketsfan

Well Barkley is spot on so far..

We aren't even mediocre. We are turrible

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Agreed. Even Barkley got it right this time. Not good.

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

The donkey ass kisser was spot on this time.
    Please dont say we dont have a pf and healthy Donatas back, even if we did we would still suck.

Should we blow it up right about now, we lost to the thuggets teams twice after gifting their golden boy Ty Lawson and sticking to us both at home and at their house.

Charles Barkley curse it seems.
    I cant even enjoy or get excited watching the rockets play anymore and i have been a fan since 94. Yes especially getting me super hyped up about how deep we are this year at every position.
    Disapointed to say the least so far.