1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Francis interview: "I definately didn't come here not to play at all."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Member

2. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Member

its his own fault for not being able to play well and adapt to the system

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

Good find. Thanks

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

damn if steve is not going to play, we have to move him to prevent potential problems and get a role player in return (a shooter)

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

LOL. What a joke. Not sure if this is more amusing or the fact that many here thought he could actually be a major contributor.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I feel sorry for Francis...I hope he'll improve and will start taking away minutes from Alston and James at some point during the season.

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

Yes. I also feel sorry. It's tough for every player. He came here and he probably tought he would play. Damn I realli like him, cause he can drive, he can score, and we need that energy that Francis brings.

8. abcdef

abcdef Member

IMO Adelman's piece was most telling. To me it sounded like coachspeak for saying "Steve wasn't as good as we thought he was, and he won't have a major role in the rotation." Whether Steve causes a problem because of that remains to be seen, but what he said in the interview was not encouraging.

9. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Steve had a "damnnit if you're not gonna play me then buy me out and give me more money" kind of face. Lol

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

its still early and i dont think there is any reason why he cant be a contributor on this team. Yea he dribbles too much, but mike james shoots too much, and rafer takes shots he shouldnt, and doesnt take the shots he should. Steve needs to continue to work hard and his time will come

11. rocketshopeful

12. durvasa

durvasa Member

I think there's a good chance that we trade Steve mid-season. His contract is relatively cheap, so he might be an attractive option for other teams that need scoring punch and are thin in the back court. He needs to hope that Head starts slumping or either T-Mac or Bonzi get injured if he wants to make his way back into the rotation.

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he has never trashed anybody. he knows steve is good. but to adelman, steve's talents just don't fit.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Member

it's almost redundant to have Francis and Mike James together, they are the same type of player and that's not really a compliment.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

It would be kind of sad if Steve ends up leaving again. I hope his situation is like Juwan Howard's to start last year... Juwan was out of the rotation early but fought his way in.

16. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

like adelman said, it's NOT FIXED IN STONE.

right now, steve does not fit. but if he keeps at it in practice and outplays alston/james, he'll make the rotation.

17. durvasa

durvasa Member

The difference is that we were thin in the front court last year, so there was plenty of room to squeeze Juwan in there. For Steve, there isn't any room at all.

18. Shay

Shay Member

I don't blame him for not being happy about getting zero playing yime.
    I am 100% sure he can do at least as good of a job like James as a scorer off the bench.
    He should get more chances and if he is still not in the rotation then we need to release or trade him , I am sorry but he is better than getting no minutes at all.
    I didn't like the fact that both James and Alston got a chance to play with the starting 5 and make their case but he didn't , it wqas preseason so I don't understand why.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Alston earned his minutes in training to be out there with the starters but I still think if Rafer is the Rockets starter by season's end there not going all the way. The earlier games compared to the Spurs game a reflection of Rafer's last season his form is fool's gold.

IMO Francis looked decent out with the starters in his very limited minutes there but I think any player is going look better in that group. It's true he hasn't had the opportunities the others have had but then it's understandable Adelman only had several games to establish some sort of team identity.

That said I'm not advocating Francis for the starting job. He's still an unknown .

20. Shay

Shay Member

I think it's redundant to have BOTH James and Head in the rotation.
    James does everything Head does but a little better.
    Francis brings penetration to the basket , rebounding and better defense on bigger guards than James and Head.